**Updated with photo and plan B
Welcome to the first Friday's Fave Five of July. A whole new month, officially in my mind the start of summer. Join us in finding your favorite things from the past week, those things that were blessings to you, large or small. If you need details they are here, otherwise just join right in!
This week was really, really ultra busy so those little things might have gone right past me if I didn't take the time to look for them or be aware of them. But they were there in spite of and in the midst of busyness.
1. Feeling appreciated. Parents of children in my dayhome, who let me know I am appreciated are a real blessing to me. This week was a tough one as a family who has been with me for 7 years have moved past the stage in their lives of needing my dayhome. I will miss both the children and the parents incredibly. They started at my home when the oldest was just one and I have daily watched them grow and change for 7 whole years. Now the youngest will be starting grade 1. In those years, they let me know often they appreciated having me and it meant the world. They blessed me with a beautiful outdoor pot of flowers, which I forgot to take a picture of, but will post as soon as I can. And a gift certificate to get a spa treatment of my choice.
**Here they are, better late than never. I ran out in the pouring rain (yes, again), and my jammies just to get this picture for you all! :v)
2. Pizza. I love pizza and can eat it most anytime. Hubby blessed me the other night after an extremely busy and exhausting day by taking me to a local pizza place that serves all kinds of unusual pizzas. They are award winning and one of their pizzas won the best new pizza in Canada and the owner has won best Pizza Chef in Canada by Pizza Magazine. (Who knew there was a pizza magazine). LOL. They have competed in some kind of pizza competition each year in Vegas and several of their pizzas have been in the top 25 and top 50 of their category and one even made top 13, coming out as top Canadian entry. We chose their most popular one, the one that got them named best new pizza in Canada. And may I say it was absolutely delicious. Ranch dressing, chicken, bacon, red peppers, and cheddar (along with the mozza). Melt in your mouth pizza goodness. It will be a place that I'll only go to once in awhile because of the price but it sure was a nice treat.
3. A holiday day in the middle of the week. After such a busy three days it was nice to have a holiday day. Yesterday was July 1, which makes it Canada Day and a holiday here in Canada. Well for most of us anyway. Malls and restaurants and big stores are still open but at one time they never used to be. But for me it was a day off and it was nice. Hubby and I went for a 2 1/2 hour bike ride in perfect weather. We finished it off with a hot dog bbq, something we were both craving and a nice Starbucks drink. Then a nap finished off the afternoon nicely. This is the first year I didn't watch the fireworks and I didn't even miss it. I just stayed home and relaxed until it was time to pick up my youngest from her job.
4. Unexpected days off. Today is an unplanned and unexpected day off for me. None of the kids are showing up in dayhome. Yipee for me. It's like an extra long weekend. Now that does not happen too often and I am going to take complete advantage starting with sleeping in. I see a walk around the lake coming up and maybe a little trip to the library. I'm sure I'll think of more through out the day.
**Well, wouldn't you know it. When I wrote this yesterday it was lovely outside, a little cool but nice. I woke up this morning of my unexpected day off to pouring rain. Yes, again. So now after I put those downspout extenders on, you know, the ones that made another fave five list, I am moving to plan B. Jammies, pot of coffee, this movie and my book!
5. A neighbor who dayhomes too. My next door neighbor also has a dayhome and what a blessing that has been since they moved in. To actually have another adult to chat to over the fence for a few minutes while the children play outside is absolutely wonderful. We share ideas and bounce things off of each other and it's a great support.
What are your five favorite blessings from the week? If you do a post, please link that specific post up in Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit with you. And a Happy Canada Day a day late to my Canadian friends and Happy July 4th to my American friends.