Monday, July 05, 2010

Seven Things

Over the last few weeks a couple of new to me bloggers have given me a couple of really nice awards. I always like to meet a new blogger and what a way to meet them.

The Beautiful Blogger Award from Apple Blossom who posts over at 4 the Love of Books. You are supposed to name 7 interesting things about yourself and then pass it to 7 other bloggers.



The versatile blogger award from Crystal at Crystalized Reflections. (Don't you just love the name of her blog? Very witty.) This one is share 7 things you may not know about me.

Thank you ladies! What a very nice surprise when you gave me these!

The questions are similar so I'm going combine them, though after having blogged for four years I think I've pretty much said everything different, interesting, weird about me. You all know it all. LOL.

1. I hate horror shows. They stick with me for a really, really long time. Even if the premise of the show is good, the scary stuff will all of a sudden rise up and get me even years later. Hate that. So I don't watch them.

2. I love to cook but hate to bake. I will take cooking a full course meal and enjoy it over baking something simple anyday. I don't know why. Probably because I have way more success with the cooking than the baking.

3. I will bike ride for hours on end but I won't run to the end of the block. I hate running for the sake of running. Always have, even as a teen/young adult I'd rather have played hours of hard tennis against a male competitor than to run anywhere. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

4. I have discovered since blogging that I love taking pictures. And I want to take a course to learn how to work our "big boy" real camera. Off the automatic setting. Like a real photographer.

Whoo boy, I'm running out of "interesting" things here.

5. My husband and I have totally different taste in scents. Which is really interesting when it comes to wearing fragrance. 'Cause he wants to me to wear scents that make my eyeballs cross and literally make the backs of my eyes hurt. And well, the stuff I just love he says stinks. So we have fragrance power struggles.

6. I love watching sports. Well team sports anyway. I refuse to watch even two minutes of golf. My husband detests it. That also makes for interesting remote power struggles when it comes to playoff time.

7. I want to some day own a cherry red Ford Mustang convertible. Right now I drive a dark green Plymouth van. I think I have a ways to go.

And now the part I find really hard with awards is passing them on. All the blogs I read are worthy of both awards, otherwise I wouldn't read them, right? But in the spirit of the award, I will name a couple of blogs for each one:

The Beautiful Blogger Award: Rachelle at Livin' Life on Bixby Avenue. I just met Rachelle not long ago and we are both child care providers. But her blog is chock full of absolutely beautiful garden photos. Love it.

Jientje at Heaven is in Belgium. Jientje blogs from Belgium and take the most breathtaking photos. I love her blog. It's like visiting Belgium without really going there.

Anne at Nikkipolani. Again, such a talented photographer. Her blog is an absolute breath of beauty!

Now for the Versatile Blogger Award: Karen at Over the Backyard Fence. I love Karen. We have so much in common she could be my long lost twin. I love reading about her life in Colorado.

Faith at Gold in the Clouds. From family to hiking in the Adirondacks to recipes to matters of faith she truly is a versatile blogger.

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

Gee, thanks for the award, Susanne! I have to tell you that I too hate horror films because they come back to haunt me years later! I love to cook, but hate to bake and am also not sure why (although I think it has to do with the tedious measuring w/baking vs. the freedom of cooking). I love to walk, hate to run and that's not gonna change. I enjoyed this post and will have to check out the other blogs you mentioned. Thanks, again!

Faith said...

Oh my gosh...thanks so much for this blogger award...you are sweet!
And like you, I HATE horror flicks....saw too many of them in my younger days and for me, they just don't seem like what I want to fill my mind with as a Believer...not saying I am against movies..I love a good flick...but the horror ones so often have a spiritual darkness to them....ugh....
Well, as you know I love baking as much as cooking altho the cooking part it probably better for my body than the baking part...lol..
and it sounds like your fragance differences is so similar to me and Dave's! TOO funny! I love to bike, walk, hike, kayak, but nope...I am not a runner either....and i am finding my daughters feel the same way..they hate that NYS has this ridiculous gym requirement of running a mile each year to see if you can "beat" your distance time....ah well...like mommy like daughter! :)
Thanks again for the award...you made my day....we are still here on the cape for one more day and then back to reality but I am sitting here on the deck so will do the award post now :)

Cathie said...

Congrats on the awards, Susanne. I also love to cook but hate to bake.

I've missed the last couple of Fave Fridays, I think, but do want to tell you that FFF has inspired me to keep up my blog more than I probably would have in the last couple of months. Even when I don't post, I read your FFF and a few others, and think of my week's blessings and favorites while doing so. Thanks for continuing - I hope to be back this Friday.

Barbara said...

Good post, have a very blessed day, hugs and blessings Barbara

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Susanne,
I am so with you on #1. I will re-live terrible images at the most odd times. I can't even watch a fist fight. Opposite for cooking and baking and loved the fragrance and remote battles. Thanks for your comment. I know they will all be gone one day. I can't wait for the glitches to be worked out of the new apple video phone. Name? I think that will suit me just fine.
Dana

Karen said...

Thank you, Susanne! I love you, too!

This is a great list. I, too, hate horror films, but I'm sure you're not surprised by that;) I also am not a very good baker and I don't know why, because I enjoy it and keep trying. Maybe it's our high altitude in Colorado. It seems like a good excuse.

My older brother had a RED, MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE (a '65) when we were in high school. I was over the moon when he let me drive it, which wasn't very often!

I'm going to give this some thought and get my post up soon. Thanks for the award:o)

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet of you, Susanne. I'm going to have to take a peek at your other bloggers :-) And I agree with you on the horror movies. I don't enjoy the stress of too-much-suspense culminating in gory stuff. And I also agree with you about the baking versus cooking thing. Maybe because we both like to tinker and baking isn't as "forgiving" as cooking ;-) Hope you're having a great week and thanks again.

Stephani Cochran said...

Congrats on your awards and I'm gonna check out all the ones you picked! Always anxious to find great blogs to read!

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Great awards for you Susanne! :) I think I am the opposite of you, I like to bake, but don't like to cook as much! :) We should get together, we could make a great family dinner!
I am a sports fan girl too, and I love to ride bike. :) Maybe you should just rent a cherry mustang someday and take lots of pics of you driving it...LOL!

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations on the awards! I don't like horror shows, either. Neither my husband nor I like scents (they give me a headache: he just doesn't care for them) so we are uncologned.