Over the last few weeks a couple of new to me bloggers have given me a couple of really nice awards. I always like to meet a new blogger and what a way to meet them.
The Beautiful Blogger Award from Apple Blossom who posts over at 4 the Love of Books. You are supposed to name 7 interesting things about yourself and then pass it to 7 other bloggers.
The versatile blogger award from Crystal at Crystalized Reflections. (Don't you just love the name of her blog? Very witty.) This one is share 7 things you may not know about me.
Thank you ladies! What a very nice surprise when you gave me these!
The questions are similar so I'm going combine them, though after having blogged for four years I think I've pretty much said everything different, interesting, weird about me. You all know it all. LOL.
1. I hate horror shows. They stick with me for a really, really long time. Even if the premise of the show is good, the scary stuff will all of a sudden rise up and get me even years later. Hate that. So I don't watch them.
2. I love to cook but hate to bake. I will take cooking a full course meal and enjoy it over baking something simple anyday. I don't know why. Probably because I have way more success with the cooking than the baking.
3. I will bike ride for hours on end but I won't run to the end of the block. I hate running for the sake of running. Always have, even as a teen/young adult I'd rather have played hours of hard tennis against a male competitor than to run anywhere. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.
4. I have discovered since blogging that I love taking pictures. And I want to take a course to learn how to work our "big boy" real camera. Off the automatic setting. Like a real photographer.
Whoo boy, I'm running out of "interesting" things here.
5. My husband and I have totally different taste in scents. Which is really interesting when it comes to wearing fragrance. 'Cause he wants to me to wear scents that make my eyeballs cross and literally make the backs of my eyes hurt. And well, the stuff I just love he says stinks. So we have fragrance power struggles.
6. I love watching sports. Well team sports anyway. I refuse to watch even two minutes of golf. My husband detests it. That also makes for interesting remote power struggles when it comes to playoff time.
7. I want to some day own a cherry red Ford Mustang convertible. Right now I drive a dark green Plymouth van. I think I have a ways to go.
And now the part I find really hard with awards is passing them on. All the blogs I read are worthy of both awards, otherwise I wouldn't read them, right? But in the spirit of the award, I will name a couple of blogs for each one:
The Beautiful Blogger Award: Rachelle at Livin' Life on Bixby Avenue. I just met Rachelle not long ago and we are both child care providers. But her blog is chock full of absolutely beautiful garden photos. Love it.
Jientje at Heaven is in Belgium. Jientje blogs from Belgium and take the most breathtaking photos. I love her blog. It's like visiting Belgium without really going there.
Anne at Nikkipolani. Again, such a talented photographer. Her blog is an absolute breath of beauty!
Now for the Versatile Blogger Award: Karen at Over the Backyard Fence. I love Karen. We have so much in common she could be my long lost twin. I love reading about her life in Colorado.
Faith at Gold in the Clouds. From family to hiking in the Adirondacks to recipes to matters of faith she truly is a versatile blogger.