Happy Friday to everyone! We're here intentionally looking for and recognizing the blessings in our lives. Learning to look for the blessings when things are good help us to develop a habit, and this habit will help us when times are choppy and rough. Having a thankful attitude that looks for the blessings is good for our mental health and helps us to recognize that God is at work and cares about us no matter what we are facing in life. Please join us as we put this into practice.
1. Long weekend. This past Monday was Victoria Day here in Canada which meant a long weekend for me. Hubby and I decided to make a trip to Edmonton to give our son a visit. He comes down here on a regular basis but we wanted to give him a visit on his turf. It was a lovely couple of days spent laughing, visiting, eating good food and doing a little shopping. I think my son appreciated that we took the time and effort to go there even if he was just here the week before. It was a really nice get away for Hubby and I, one I think both of us really needed.
2. Muttart Conservatory visit. While in Edmonton, Hubby wanted to go and visit this landmark attraction. You can't miss it when looking at the pictures of downtown Edmonton. Situated along the river, it stands out because it's 3 tall glass pyramid buildings. It's a spectacular display of over 700 species of plants including the infamous Corpse plant which unfortunately, or possibly fortunately, was not in bloom during our visit. Each pyramid has a different climate and features plants of that climate...temperate, tropical and arid and then a feature biome which they change up on a regular basis. They also feature lots of artwork which was really cool. It was a lovey way to pass a couple of hours.
Can you guess which picture is from which room?
3. Great hotel room. We tried a new hotel this time around because our son had moved so we wanted something closer to where he lived. We like to get a room that has an actual bedroom because Hubby is an early bird and I'm a night owl and this assures we both get the rest we are craving when we get away. I found an awesome hotel that had an absolutely beautiful room that met our needs for pretty much the same price as we would have paid for a normal room. It had a great kitchenette and a huge bathroom and the bed was super comfortable. Always a blessing when we can find what we want within our budget.
4. Dishwashers. As I was loading my umpteenth load this week into the dishwasher, I remembered to say a prayer of thankfulness for this appliance. With a dayhome, sometimes there are lots of dishes and I am very grateful for this hardworking "maid".
5. Blueberry treat. Costco has had some amazing organic blueberries of late. I'm once again trying to cut back on sugar in my diet but was craving something dessert-y. I put some in a bowl with cinnamon and poured a touch of half and half over top. It perfectly fit the craving without a drop of sugar. Yummy!
What were your favorite blessings this week?