Friday, February 23, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #774



Welcome to Fave Fives everyone. Looking for blessings in our everyday and being grateful is what we're trying to make a habit out of. Please join us as we share 5 of the blessings from the past week.

~ movie date with Hubby ~ two weeks ago we saw The Chosen season 4 episode 1-3 at the show and we all looked at each other and made a date for episode 4-6 in two weeks time.  Well this weekend was two weeks and we went with great anticipation on Monday.  And boy, it did not disappoint!  There was tension and humor and tears.  So much to think and dwell on.  One scene in particular as they played out a visual of a teaching from the sermon on the mount really hit me.  So convicting.  Again much to discuss on the way home.  Definitely a highlight of the long weekend.




~ friends over for Chinese takeout and a movie ~ Saturday we had good friends over for a fun afternoon.  We hadn't seen each other since November and so we all were looking forward to spending the afternoon together.  The food was delicious, the conversation fun and Hubby made a big batch of his should be famous popcorn for the movie.  So thankful for these times spent in company of friends with whom we can relax and totally be ourselves.  

~ daylight when I get off work ~ it is now daylight out still when I get off work so I've been trying to get out for a good brisk walk at least 3 - 4 times this week.  I know our dog appreciates the jaunts and my winter lazy self has loved being able to get out for that half an hour of exercise in the fresh air.  

~ morning visitors ~ yesterday morning I opened the front curtains to find a trio of visitors showing off outside.  They timed their appearance perfectly with the arrival of my earliest dayhome child who was absolutely thrilled to see "reindeer" on my lawn.  A little visit from our river valley friends always makes me happy.  



~ earlier bed times ~ I am most definitely a night owl rather than a morning person but being a working gal I do have to get up early.  The last week I have tried to get myself to bed before 11 p.m.  at the latest (which is about half an hour earlier than is the norm for me) and other than Friday and Saturday night I have accomplished that.  In fact, almost all the work nights over the past week I've made it into bed by 10:45.  That is huge for me.  I am working towards 10:30 and hopefully I can make that goal and stick with it.  

What have been blessings for you this week?








9 comments:

Barbara H. said...

We haven't had anyone over for a long time (illnesses, other activities), but want to get back to it soon. The movie and popcorn night sounds so fun. I've been noticing more daylight, too--so refreshing. How neat to have the deer nearby just as a dayhome child arrived! I know what you mean about sleep. I am a night owl, too, and chafe at going to bed before 11. But my day goes such much better if I go to sleep earlier. When I go to bed late, I'm dragging and foggy-headed and usually need a nap during the day--and then feel so unproductive by the end.

Faith said...

so many joyful moments with your week Susanne!

I cannot WAIT for The Chosen Season 4 to be available online......is it only available by going to a movie theater??

LOVE seeing deer in suburbia....and how fun for the toddler coming to your home to see the "reindeer"...so cute!

YAY for good friends and fellowship and getting outside to walk.

I too used to love staying up until close to midnight and when i was a SAHM it was easy as the girls slept all night usually....but..then work...i had to learn to be in bed by 10:30. It's a process for sure. glad you're getting your goal met!!

ENJOY the weekend Susanne!

Melanie said...

I haven't watched any of season 4 of The Chosen but I've heard a lot of talk and seen clips. It sounds like it's getting intense. Seeing it on the big screen must be amazing!

I'm enjoying the extra sunlight in the evening as well. We have our semi-annual time change coming in another month or so. That always takes some getting used to.

Have a great afternoon!

nikkipolani said...

Oh, yeah, more daylight! It is so energizing to have some light after a work day.

I didn't know you got reindeer in your neck o' the woods! How fun that one of your kids got to see them. Do they (the reindeer, not the kids) wander down for snacks or just passing through?

Okay, we need to know about your husband's famous popcorn. I have it rarely and usually from the microwave.

Willow said...

That little one's excited comment about seeing the 'reindeer' made me smile. So cute!
I know so many people are loving the new episodes of The Chosen. We are behind and need to catch up.
I enjoy the sun too. Any time of the day.
Good for you on getting to bed earlier.
Have a good and sunny week!

Wendy said...

Oh wow - reindeer outside your house! I'm sure the toddler was excited - I'd be excited. Glad you could catch up with your friends and yay for earlier nights - I'd need to work on that one too. Have a good weekend Susanne.

Susan said...

I hope we can get to the movies to see Chosen, but we have to ger through 3. That is nice to have deer in your yard. We would not see that here in the city! I am a night owl too and rarely get to bed earlier than midnight. I try to read before bed and the time flies! Enjoy your weekend!

ellen b. said...

A fun morning sight out your window. We haven't seen deer around for a while. You do stay up late! Happy weekend to you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. We love The Chosen and are looking forward to season 4 - although we aren't planning to see it in the movie theater. I try to get in bed between 9:30 and 10 p.m.. I find that the older I get, the more sleep I need and I have to get up at 5 a.m. on every school day. It's fun for you to have those visitors in your front yard. So glad you have been able to walk in the evening now that it is light longer. I hope you have a great weekend! See you again soon!