Friday, February 09, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #772



Hello everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five! I am so glad that I have this pause to take note of some good blessings in my life. The days seemed to be chugging along this week  and I find I can be just going from one thing to the next with almost no awareness.  The days just seemed so ordinary this last week so it's a good thing for me to deliberately be looking for the good in my life or those little things might just pass me by in the ordinary everydays.  Please join me and the other faithful FFF group! The link to the guidelines is in the sidebar.

~ The Chosen season 4 premiere ~ Saturday saw me, my Hubby and my friend partake of Season 4 episode 1-3 at the theatre and boy oh boy, what a start to Season 4.  And what a cliffhanger episode 3 ended with.  The cliffhanger was extra-biblical (meaning it is not actually in the bible) but it is a plausible situation setting up for things to come in the lives of certain characters.  There was so much to relate to in these 3 episodes, I shed many tears, and it made for great conversation at home over the day.  Can't wait to see the next episodes the week after Valentine's in the theatre.  Hubby and I have already made the date.  




~ hoar frost ~ One morning this week we woke up to a heavy fog which lasted most of the morning.  When it lifted we were left with a gorgeous hoar frost.  I love the beauty of a thick hoar frost.  The monochromatic pallet of dark gray to white is stunning.  So fresh and crisp and beautiful.






~ new fave treat ~ Found these one shopping trip and they are delicious.  I'm trying to convince myself they are healthier than chocolates.





~ coffee ready and waiting ~ I am so not a morning person.  What a blessing to have a cup of coffee ready and waiting as soon as I get up in the morning.  So thankful that my Hubby blesses me with this each and every day!

~ slow and relaxed Sunday ~ with a major snow dump happening, Sunday we just decided to hole up at home and not venture out.  It turned out to be exactly what I needed.  Stayed in jammies until noon (I never do that!), drank coffee, read my book, cooked a nice dinner, cleaned up some stuff off my to do list.  It was wonderful.  I felt very refreshed to start the week of work.  

What have been your favorite blessings of the week?










9 comments:

Faith said...

From what I understand, The Chosen Season 4 is only available in select theaters/movie cinemans?? is that true? i managed to watch the first 3 season when Netflix finally had them. LOVED every episode. I guess I'll have to wait until it comes to Netflix? (we don't spend money at the movies......that would be $18 for each episode!!)

YAY for an in home Sunday....i did that once this winter and was so thankful to be able to watch church online and have a day of relaxation. Your body and mind probably loved every minute!

Yay for morning coffee.....ours auto brews at 5:45 and the scent usually wakes me up! no more alarm for me...another perk of retirement. Because Dave still works he's the first one up to get the coffee and i lOVE the mornings he brings me a cup in bed. You're blessed Susanne!!

Those pics ofthe hoar frost are sooooo pretty!! Our area looks like early April. We are having one weird winter here in NYS. NO snow at all since our last storm (which for our area only brought 4 inches!!)I just hope we don't get a dump in April.

YUMMY...I love chocolate covered fruit. We like the chocolate covered blueberries. And from what I've seen, those usually do have less grams of sugar than real candy. ENJOY!!

Happy weekend!



Barbara H. said...

I'm not normally a fan of figs, but I wonder what they might be like covered in chocolate. :-)

I love Sundays like that. For decades, the churches we have been in have had both Sunday morning and evening services. The last two have not had Sunday evening services. Our current one has "care groups" once or twice a month on Sun. nights. Lately we've been getting take-out after church Sunday morning, coming home, eating, napping, and then having a low-key, restful rest of the day. Lovely.

That's so sweet of your husband to have coffee ready for you in the mornings.

The hoar frost is pretty--but I am glad we haven't had any more snow since January. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. You have some lovely pictures in this post. We got just a little snow overnight. Most of the snow is staying in the surrounding mountains - thankfully. I need to look for those fig truffles. Wow, they sound delicious. We are looking forward to season 4 of The Chosen. We like watching that show on TV on Sunday after church. I hope you have a good, relaxing weekend. See you again soon.

ellen b. said...

Greg makes my coffee every morning, too, such a blessing. Hooray for a pajama relaxing day! Happy weekend to you.

nikkipolani said...

Thank you for sharing what hoar frost looks like -- beautiful like a Christmas card.

There's a picture of fruit on that bag of truffles. That must mean it's healthy! And coffee, of course. What a sweet gift from your husband each day.

Your day of rest was just what was needed. Glad you didn't have to slog through that big snow.

Melanie said...

I shivered seeing your photos of the hoar frost. It is beautiful for sure!

I have watched the Chosen on their app on my TV. I'm not a movie goer so I'll wait until they are on the app.

Your Sunday sounds perfect! I did that on the days we were snowed in. It was a luxury at first and then I got cabin fever. But I still love those days when I can stay in my nightgown and not go anywhere. Enjoy them when you get them.

The dark chocolate treats sound very intriguing. I like both figs and dark chocolate. Sounds right up my alley.

Have a lovely weekend,.

Susan said...

I have never heard of hoar frost. Looks cold to me! I don't mind a few days of clouds and rain, but I need some sunshine after a few days. My husband and I are watching the Chosen now. We only found Season 1 on Netflix. Now we are watching it on Amazon Prime. I have spend several days in pajamas as I recover from my ear infection. Nothing like a good cup of coffee in the morning. Enjoy your weekend!

Wendy said...

Your pictures of the hoar frost are lovely and your cosy Sunday sounds just perfect. I hope this weekend is good too.

Willow said...

It does seem like so many weeks just slide by. I'm thankful that you are always reminding us to focus on things we can be thankful for.

Coffee in the morning, yes! Quiet days when we need them, yes!

Those hoar frost photos are beautiful! But they seem like they are really really cold. I'm glad you took them from inside.