Welcome everyone. It's time for Friday's Fave Five. Find your five favorite blessings from the week and share them with us!
1. Inserts. Since last October I have developed plantar fasciatis in one of my feet. Can we say "OUCH"! It's been horrible. Finally, I was able to get some orthodics and in one day what a difference! This is definitely a fave for me because it seriously was affecting my everyday life and my knee was even beginning to have issues because of walking wonky to try and tamp down the pain. So hopefully with the stretches and the shoe inserts that correct the way I stand and absorb that shock I can beat this darn thing and get back to normal.
2. Restful Sunday. We took a day off this Sunday and just stayed home. Hubby hasn't been feeling well and I just needed a day where I could just relax. I didn't even look at the clock until past noon. How great it was to have coffee, read and not have to be somewhere by a certain time.
3. Neighbor yard clean up. We have some young fellas that live next door and lets just say their priority is not the lawn. Weeds and dandelions usually grow quite high before they do anything about it. Very frustrating because we take care of our property and it irks me to no end to see all those dandelions going to seed. But yesterday there was someone there working all day on the lawn and even the flower beds. It looks wonderful now and hopefully that will inspire them to keep going and take better care of the property.
4. Fresh rain. A few showers did wonders at greening everything up around here. It was getting pretty dry. Lots of forest fires all over Alberta to the point where they even had a province wide fire ban so that rain was really needed. And it makes everything smell wonderful!
5. New book from my favorite author. I've been able to get crack open and get into my fave author's newest release and it's not disappointing. He always puts my emotions through the wringer in his stories so I can't wait to see how this one plays out.
What have been your favorite things from your week?