Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday's Fave Five #331


Hi everyone.  So sorry I didn't get this up first thing this morning.  I woke up with a start realizing it was Friday and I hadn't even started on my Fave Five post.  It's been a hectic week here and I've had my days mixed up all week long for some reason.  Go ahead and link your posts and I'll try to get on here some time this morning.  

Whew trying to catch my breath.  So much going on....but when life comes at breakneck speed I find that is the perfect time for FFF.  It slows me down and causes me to take notice of blessings in my life that otherwise would totally get missed or not given much thought or thankfulness.  So getting to it...

1.  Moments of laughter.  When it's a crazy, stressful week those little moments of laughter that bring levity are like gold.  There have been a few funny moments from the dayhome kids that just made me chuckle.  They are so cute in their innocence and their comments.

2.  Flower beds and planters dug and flowers planted.  This annual event, the sure sign of summer coming, crept up way too fast on me this year.  But Saturday I got my act together, went shopping for the plants and Sunday afternoon, I got to digging up and prepping those beds and now it's all done.  It feels good and I can hardly wait for it all to start filling in looking all colorful. 

3.  Hubby's gracious gift of his "Canadian Tire Money" which he saves all year and then gives me for Mother's Day to go buy my flowers.   It totalled about $80 this year.  And it's amazing how those flowers add up in price so quickly.  I really appreciate his generous gift because he could be spending it on whatever a guy would spend it on at Canadian Tire.

4.  Back to the gym.  My knee has felt good enough to get my feet wet at the gym again.  I've really missed going this past 3 weeks.  I'm forcing myself to go slow and steady so I don't reinjure.  But it's great to be moving again.

5.  Faithful friends who pray and encourage.  Such a gift they were to me this past week when I've had to make some decisions.  It's good to hear their thoughts and have their prayers and support. 

And thank you to you faithful bloggy friends who stick with me in this weekly meme, even when I mess up.  I'm very thankful for your years of jumping on board with me in this discipline of gratefulness for the blessings we are given.  







12 comments:

nikkipolani said...

See you later then, Susanne :-)

Barbara H. said...

We had a three-day weekend here, which always throws me off for a few days. See you in a while!

Gattina said...

Take your time !

Willow said...

Summer break for us always messes up our days.

ellen b said...

See you later...

Ann said...

You need to read my FFF for sure - apparently we both share the same knee issues - and I just went back to the gym also. :-) I am also taking it slowly - no more than every other or every 3rd day, and I stop both the upright and sitting ellipticals at the first sign of pain. And even after just a couple of weeks, I can really feel the difference already!!

Barbara H. said...

Laughter made my list, too -- so glad God created humor!

We haven't been able to get flowers yet. Usually I do it, but last year we did it together, and hubby said he'd like to again this year. But every Saturday something has come up. :-) Thankfully we had some surprise plants from last year come up again, so it's not totally bare, but they definitely need to be supplemented.

Glad your knee is feeling well enough to permit exercise! And faithful friends are a treasure.

Faith said...

LOVE your list of faves!! I did my flowers too last weekend cause the beginning of May was so darn busy!! I love doing the FFF each week. Thank you for hosting it for the last several years!!

ellen b said...

That Canadian Tire money is a fun thing. Glad you could enjoy some new flowers with the money. Laughter is really good! Glad your knee is feeling better!

Jerralea said...

How neat that you get $$ to spend for bedding plants every year! I bet your yard will look awesome.

Laughter makes everything go better. Glad you enjoyed some chuckles this week.

nikkipolani said...

Ah, yes, the annual planting! So glad you managed to squeeze it in with your full schedule. We've a ton of maintenance type stuff but I'm putting it off ;-) Good to hear you are feeling good after your return to the gym. And have a great weekend!

Karen said...

I agree, laughter makes life so more enjoyable! I enjoyed reading your list of blessings for this past week.