Friday, October 14, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #161
Yikes, I can't believe it's Friday already. Where on earth did that week go? Between Thanksgiving here in Canada, being sick, still working and finding out our carpet is being installed this week and the work of clearing the room that goes with that, the days have just disappeared. But there is always time to take just a moment of look for special blessing from the week. Join in with us as we share 5 things we are thankful for from this past week.
1. Thanksgiving weekend. I love this holiday. It brings the family together to share a beautiful meal, fellowship and thankfulness for the blessings in our lives. The turkey turned out perfect, we shared lots of time and laughter with loved ones, the weather was a gorgeous sunny but crisp day, my oldest arrived here and went back to her city safe and sound. It couldn't have been better.
2. Home grown tomatoes that became homemade spaghetti sauce and homemade salsa. I was blessed with 2 huge boxes of tomatoes. I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce that will make 3 yummy meals and enough salsa to fill 6 containers for the freezer. And I still have half a box left. The Youngest has requested more homemade spaghetti sauce and I think I will roast some of them like Kathy did.
3. Hot mint tea to soothe the throat, clear the nose and make me relax. So nice when I'm not feeling well.
4. Lots of turkey left overs. I see turkey soup, turkey pot pie and hot turkey sandwiches coming up.
5. Care and concern. Hubby asking each morning how I felt and how the cold was doing. A small thing but it made me feel his care and lifted me up.
What are your blessings from the past week? What uplifted you? Share in a post and sign on up on the Linky. If you need the guidelines they are here.
Have a great weekend everyone.