Monday, October 10, 2011

Now how did that happen?

Sent this text the Sunday morning I was making Thanksgiving dinner:

"Did you at some point make yourself a peanut butter and honey sandwich or toast and dip the same knife into both?  There is peanut butter in the honey so the whole container is contaminated for Auntie Liz and now I can't make Honey Buttered Carrots for Thanksgiving dinner and she won't be able to have tea."

(A little background:  My sis is extremely allergic to peanuts and my kids have grown up knowing to not use a knife or spoon that has first gone into the peanut butter in another product.  So it was a little shocking to find smudges of peanut butter in the honey).

The text was sent to my son.

He got it.

So did my daughter's violin instructor.

Oops.

6 comments:

Faith said...

lol!!! that is too funny Susanne....I have done the same thing! thankfully, it wasn't to someone who shouldn't have seen it! lol.....

Melanie - Author/Editor said...

hahahaa sounds like something I would have done (or probably have done...lol)

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Ha Ha Susanne! Got to love technology, I would have totally cracked up if I got that text. I thought of you the other day when I saw a post on facebook saying Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians. So I had to stop and say Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Sorry you could not have Honey Buttered Carrots! :)

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

lol. I am sure that your daughter's violin teacher got a kick out of the text.

nikkipolani said...

Ooops is right! Thanks for sharing your funny story. Did you ever hear back from the violin teacher?

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Oh, Susanne, that is TOO funny! Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving anyway...!