Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #785




Hi everyone and welcome back to Friday's Fave Five. Time to intentionally look for blessings from our last week and to pause and be grateful for those things in our life that make our days, that keep us going, that lift us up. I have found over the years of doing this exercise, that if I discipline myself to do it during good and not so good times, that I am more likely to find good things even in the midst of situations that might not, in themselves, be good. It's cultivating a thankful attitude and in my experience, when I have that it makes the not so good times not quite so crushing. So onwards and upwards towards more thankfulness.  

~ another great movie ~ this must be the month of movies with friends.  Saturday we saw another good one with a friend.  Ordinary Angels was a good story based on true events. We'd been trying for weeks to go see it but just couldn't get it together.  I'm so glad we made it.  I love these kinds of shows.   They always draw me in.  I'm thankful for the local theatre with the cheaper ticket prices that brings these good movies in.  

 



~ birthday celebration ~ also on Saturday I had a dessert date with my good friend to celebrate her birthday.  It was actually in May but she had a unexpectedly super busy April and we weren't able to get together until now.  I took her to a new dessert place in town and we enjoyed sweet treats and a really good visit.


~ coffee with a good friend ~ and totally overbooking myself on the weekend, on Sunday I had coffee with another good friend who I haven't seen in a long time.  But sometimes you just have to grab the opportunities as they come.  We went to a fave restaurant and just relaxed and caught up.  Such a great encourager this friend is.  I'm thankful we had the time to spend together.  


~ rain ~ Tuesday and Wednesday we saw a huge rain storm move through our parts.  Unfortunately it came with a crazy wind storm too.  But though we were stuck inside for a few days with the dayhome kids, I am very thankful for the rain that was desperately needed in these parts.  And we were able to get our Mother's Day crafts all finished at a relaxed pace.


~ sunshine ~ Thursday morning saw the dark clouds move and give way to gorgeous blue skies and warm sun.  It's going to be a gorgeous weekend and I'm thankful after a week of colder weather we are getting the warmth back.  It was so nice to get back outside and let the kids play and later take the dog for a walk.  

Mine was a week of simple blessings in my ordinary days.  What were you thankful for this week?
















9 comments:

Susan said...

It's always nice to catch up with old friends. Sometimes we have busy weeks and that can be nice too. Happy Mother's Day!

Faith said...

great quote at the end !

YAY for coffee and dessert times with good friends. (( also wrote about meeting up with a close friend and running into one at the park!).

Well now we are getting your cooler weather...supposed to only be a high of 55 F here but my hike is still on so...off to the mountains I go at 8 AM!! We're driving 1.5 hours to hike a 2 mile trail hahaha but it's the first official hike of the season so.....gotta grab the chance with this new friend.

I've not heard of this movie! I'm assuming it's faith -based? I'm noticing more of those on Netflix and Hulu which is nice. our cheap theatre is about a half hour drive west and they only play super old movies...like from the 80s and 90s. We don't pay the $18 it costs to see a new one in the cinemas around here so I'll look for this on netflix in a few months :)

I hope you have a wonderful warm weekend!!

Barbara H. said...

I had not heard about Ordinary Angels, but it sounds good. How fun to have friend get-togethers. I know what you mean about grabbing the moment. I like to space social events out a bit, but sometimes you just have to grab the moment and go with the flow.

We had a lot of weather issues this week, too, and it was so nice to see sunshine yesterday afternoon. Glad you all were okay and the weather is getting better.

I so agree with what you wrote in your opening paragraph. It's sad that we miss so many expressions of God's love, care, and blessings just because we don't look for them. May God give us eyes to see.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like some great relational times! Good for the soul. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's day weekend!

Karen said...

I enjoyed watching the trailer, it was so inspiring. I'll look for the movie.

Should have mentioned girlfriend dates this week in my faves. I felt overbooked, too, but it was worth it. I really needed some good talks.

Have a happy Mother's Day, Susanne!

nikkipolani said...

So glad you got to connect with friends for a great movie, birthday, and coffee. Wow, what a week!

Congrats on having special crafts done in time. I think you've mentioned how hectic it is to add this activity.

Enjoy your beautiful weekend, Susanne.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne! Sounds like you had a nice week. Making Mother's Day crafts with little ones - now that brings back memories. That movie sounds good. I will have to look for it. Glad you could get together with your friend for coffee and encouragement. Thanks for hosting Friday Fave Five every week! I hope you have a nice weekend and a wonderful, memorable Mother's Day!

Willow said...

It is always good to spend time with friends. Especially long time friends.
Good news about surviving the nasty weather. I hear you. And the grain does bring us beautiful green.
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Willow said...

It is always good to spend time with friends. Especially long time friends.
Good news about surviving the nasty weather. I hear you. And the grain does bring us beautiful green.
Happy Mother's Day to you!