Friday, May 17, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #786







Hello everyone Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  We're taking a pause to notice and be thankful for the blessings God brings into our ordinary days.  

 I will be joining up with a post as soon as I can but in the meanwhile please feel free to link up with your own post!  See you all soon. 


Well it's Friday morning and I made it.  I just couldn't get on to post last night but it is better a little late than never.  So it's been a rougher week around here with major dental pain through the weekend and week occupying my mind.  But that doesn't mean there were not blessings to take note of.  I'm glad I have this exercise to help me take notice of them in the weeks where it is hard to look beyond something negative going on!  

~ Mother's Day weekend ~  Mother's day weekend was lovely all around.  My son came down on Saturday to spend a couple of days.  He took us out for supper on Saturday to the restaurant in the old water tower.  Sunday was a gorgeous day so we got out the bikes for the first time this year and had a lovely ride.  Then on the way home we stopped at my favorite ice cream shop for a scoop of their special Mother's Day flavor.  Sweet cream with orange blossom, orange zest and vanilla.  Oh my, soooo good.  My youngest daughter sent a card and gift card to my favorite store as she had to work and my oldest daughter sent me a cool plant and Mother's Day wishes as she wasn't able to make the 7 hour one way trip home.  We wrapped the day up with a family Mother's Day tradition: a KFC dinner we had with my Mom.  So thankful for family time on a special day and for my grown children thinking of me and blessing me.   




~ antibiotics ~  after spending  5 days on a constant dose of advil, I was very thankful to finally get into the dentist and be put on antibiotics.  Within a day almost all the pain was gone and became much more bearable.  So thankful for modern day medicines for when we really need them.


~ curb find ~ Saturday was our city's Curb recycle day where you can put things out on the curb for people to take for free.  On our morning walk, I was thrilled to come across this find.  In order not to miss out on nabbing it, Hubby and I lugged it home together all while managing the dog.  We must have looked quite the sight but worth it.  




~ helpful customer service ~ when some questions arose considering some financials on my Mom's account it was nice to have helpful person return my call and patiently answer all my questions.  I do not have a natural bent towards things like that so I was grateful that he answered all my questions patiently until I understood. 


~ fun sky observation ~ On another walk with the furball this week, I looked up and saw two planes almost looking like they were having a race high in the sky.  I've never seen that before.  Now I knew they were many miles apart but they looked like they were right side by side.  They made a nice picture with their white contrails set against the blue sky.   It was fun to observe.  I've always loved the skies and the different shapes clouds make and the different phenomena like the northern lights.  In fact at one time in my younger years I wanted to be a weather person.  Unfortunately, I missed the incredible northern lights last weekend due to cloud and smoke coverage.  I was a bit bummed about that.





I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Here in Canada it is usually the weekend everyone is out gardening as the chance of frost is pretty much gone.  But it's supposed to be rainy.  Won't stop us all from hitting up the garden centers.







9 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Susanne! I'm glad the dental pain is under control. I sympathize with you so much!

I laughed when I read your "weather person" comment. With living in Florida and multiple hurricane seasons for so many years, I had thought I would rather have unjoyed being a meteorologist. But it didn't happen. Now I just listen to others!

I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day in spite of the pain.

I love the idea of putting things out on the curb for others. What a wonderful way to share. You have quite a find there.

I'm a sky watcher as well and that's quite a sight - the two planes. I wasn't able to see the Northern Lights myself due to so much light in my area, but my son got some awesome photos not 30 minutes away. They're on my FFF post.

I hope you get your dental problem fixed and you remain comfortable. Have a blessed weekend.

Faith said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful MOther's Day!! Despite the tooth infection.

That ice cream sounds amazing!!! I LOVE any thing lemon or orange and that plant is one I've never even heard of!!

I have one errand to run today and then i'm taking my bike out for the first time this year. I cannot WAIT. I probably will only ride about 8 miles cause of my neck and having a hike scheduled for tomorrow but it's shaping up to be a perfectly gorgeous day.....good weather until Wed is forecasted.

have a wonderful weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Wow, dental pain in the worst! So glad that you could get the problem fixed and that you are on the mend. It's great that you felt the love from your family on Mother's Day. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Willow said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. Your day sounds practically perfect. I am glad your son was able to be there and that you had a good dinner with your mom.
Bike ride! Yay! We hope to get out soon...when we can access our bikes in the garage.

Barbara H. said...

A pharmacist once tole me that dental pain is the worst pain. I don't know if that's true, but it's pretty bad! Glad you were able to get some antibiotics and are starting to feel better.

Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day!

What a cute find for your dayhome! And you can't beat free! The curb recycle day sounds like a great idea.

It's nice to find helpful and knowledgeable customer service help.

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and that ice cream sounds yummy! I am glad your tooth is feeling better! Enjoy your weekend!

Gattina said...

Poor girl you must have suffered terribly with your tooth ! Fortunately it's gone now. Your mother's day was very nice with your son visiting you. Mother day was three weeks ago here in Belgium. I got a phone call (as each week) but Dario and Toby had come the week before.
Nice bargain you did ! My furball sleeps the whole day and jumps around during the night ! For a change here it is again raining ! I think since I am here mid November we had 5 days of sunshine !

ellen b. said...

Looks like a very lovely time you had for Mother's Day. I love the idea of that curb recycling day. Hope all will be well now that you are on antibiotics! Happy weekend to you.

nikkipolani said...

Oh! So glad the dental pain has been relieved.

That sounds like an amazing flavor experience in ice cream. How lovely to be with your family around for a special day. KFC tradition makes me smile.

Great find on the curb -- and what a great idea for a curb recycle day.

Having helpful and patient people is such a blessing. Financial stuff is already pretty stressful and confusing.

Us, too. What little bit of the northern lights (some reached even south of us) were covered up by our marine layer... Glad to hear the smoke seems to have cleared.