Tuesday, May 07, 2024

May 2024 Reading Picks

In April I finished 3 books, 2 of which were audiobooks, quite reading one (DNF'd) at 75 pages and got a few chapters into another book.  Not too bad.  I'm looking forward to May's choices.  They are total mood reads from my pile of purchased books I'm working through this year and I'm hoping to be out soaking up some sunshine while enjoying these books (she writes as she sits in the middle of a storm and rainfall warning).  I also have one newer release library book that came in and I'm still taking my time working through my non-fiction devotional/study book.





PURCHASED FICTION

          ~ Something Worth Doing by Jane Kirkpatrick (finishing from April) (finished)
          ~ The Collector's Daughter by Gill Paul
          ~ Surviving Savannah by Patti Callahan
          ~This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
          ~When We Were Young & Brave by  Hazel Gaynor
          ~ A Piece of the Moon by Chris Fabry
          ~ The Last House on the Street by Diane Chamberlain


PURCHASED NON-FICTION

          ~ When You Love a Prodigal by Judy Douglass (continuiing from April)
          ~ A Woman Who Trusts God by Debbie Alsdorf


LIBRARY HOLD

          ~ Just for the Summer by Melody Carlson


AUDIOBOOKS

          ~ The Woman They Could Not Silence by Kate Moore
          ~ Radium Girls by Kate Moore



What are you reading this month?


4 comments:

Faith said...

I just finished the 5th in the Game Warden Maine series I enjoy. I'm in the beginning of Little Monsters which has been on my "want to read" list for quite a few months. I no longer buy fiction so get all my fiction from the library (and some non fiction). I have a faith based fiction waiting for me by an author I learned about from one of the FFF members, and I have the 6th Agatha Christie Mystery waiting for me. I just finished The Berry Pickers...best book so far this year! HIGHLY recommend!! It will stick with you for a few days after.

I'm also hoping to get the new Kate Morton book once the library wait list winds down.

I've not read a Diane chamberlain book in a while! I used to love her but then they started having the F bomb SO MUCH in her books that I stopped. I'll have to look at the one you're reading.

Happy Reading!

Susanne said...

Hi Faith: Concerning Diane Chamberlain: I don't really remember a lot of f-bombs and I am super sensitive to the use of gratuitous swearing and hate it when they do that. But I've only read a couple by her. I hope that is not the case with this one or I'll be done too.

Barbara H. said...

I hope to read When We Were Young and Brave soon. Currently I am reading a new release by Lynn Austin, All My Secrets. I just finished The Lazy Genius Way and will probably read The Lazy Genius Kitchen next. Gabrielle Meyer just released a new title in her time crossers series, For a Lifetime. That will probably be my next audiobook.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. The only one of the books you mentioned that I have read is Radium Girls. That was fascinating in a very sad and upsetting way. By the way, I LOVE your aquarium. Happy reading in May!