Thursday, February 15, 2024

February 2024 Reading Picks

Here it is mid February and I just realized I did not do my post for my February books to choose from.  I have all the books picked out, picture taken and then totally forgot about it.  Oh well such is my life.  But better late than never.  It's a busy month for me with work but hopefully I can keep plugging away at my goal of reading my purchased books down to zero this year.  My audiobook reading is also all over the board as I borrow them from the library and if I happen to not be finished with it, if someone has it on hold, it automatically returns at then end of my borrow time.  So it's been a back and forth experience with those as I have to once again put a hold on it and wait for my turn in the queue.  But I like "reading" in the car so I am going to continue trying to make headway in those through the year.




PURCHASED BOOKS

          ~ Universe of Two by Stephen P. Kiernan (finished)
          ~ Meet Me in Monaco by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb
          ~ When We Were Young & Brave by Hazel Gaynor


LIBRARY BOOKS

          ~ The Year of Jubilee by Cindy Morgan
          ~ The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (bookclub)


AUDIOBOOKS

          ~ Making It So by Patrick Stewart
          ~ In His Image by Jen Wilkin
          ~ Becoming Free Indeed by Jinger Dugger Vuolo (finished)


NON-FICTION

          ~ They Turned the World Upside Down by Charles Martin (also a purchased book choice)




Any good books on your radar this month?






4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I've read two of the audio books. I've thought about Stewart's but you never know what celebrity biographies are going to contain. I'm looking forward to your review of that, if you do one.

I have When We Were Young and Brave on my wish list. I've read several nonfiction accounts of that mission school under Japanese occupation. That's where Eric Liddell was during WWII, and where he died. I wonder if the book will mention him.

I should reread Screwtape some time.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I listened to the audiobook of The Screwtape Letters which I really liked. It's a classic. I also read Becoming Free Indeed which I didn't like as well as the book the other Dugger Daughter wrote, but then Becoming Free Indeed wasn't really supposed to be the "family tell-all" that the other book (Counting the Cost) was. I hope you have a wonderful reading month! See you tomorrow for FFF!

Karen said...

The Hazel Gaynor book is one that caught my eye. I like her books, and this one sounds like a good story. I'm currently reading a non-fiction book that is a diary of an 1840s woman on the Santa Fe wagon trail. It's really good. I'll be ready for a good novel next!

Wendy said...

Oh how annoying about the borrowed audio books. I was gifted an audible subscription a while back but I never renewed it as I found it hard to concentrate on them. I was either trying to multitask so I'd lose the plot or I'd read in bed so I could concentrate but then I would fall asleep. And I don't do any regular driving that would make it work either.