Wednesday, September 06, 2023

September Reading Possibilites

Well life happened and I did not get a reading possibilities post made for August so just kept with my July list.  As it turned out I only managed to get one book read, and it was a library hold that came in, and one audiobook.  Not a great reading month but things were just overwhelming.  And over the summer I noticed when reviewing what I've read that I failed in my goal to read the books I owned.  It seems all the books I had on hold at the library kept flooding in at the same time.  I might just have to stop putting things on hold at the library  for a couple months and catch up on getting my own pile of books.  I'm hoping September will be back to normal and some great reads I have piled up can get read and I can accomplish my 2023 reading goals! Unfortunately all the summer themed books I had on the list that I was hoping to get out of my closet will just have to be put away for next year.  Because I'm ready to move on to a fresh new list of possibilities.  My color choice for "Read What I Own" for September is going to be orange in any form.  And surprisingly a lot of books in my most recent purchases bag fit that prompt so hopefully I can get lots of those read!  But first I need to finish my book that carried over from August:  In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer




READ WHAT I OWN - COLOR ORANGE

          ~ Something Worth Doing by Jane Kirkpatrick
          ~ The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
          ~ The Edge of Belonging by Amanda Cox
          ~This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
          ~ Surviving Savannah by Patti Callahan
          ~ This Time Tomorrow by Emma Straub
          ~ The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams
          

READ WHAT I OWN - NON-FICTION

          ~ The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown

READ WHAT I OWN - NEWEST AND OLDEST PURCHASE

          ~ A Piece of the Moon by Chris Fabry


LIBRARY HOLDS

          ~ The Winners by Fredrik Backman
          ~ Jaqueline in Paris by Ann Mah
          ~ In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer  (finished)


AUDIOBOOKS

          ~ So Help Me God by Mike Pence  (finished)
          ~ The Love Stories of the Bible Speak by Shannon Bream

What are you reading in September?  






6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I just finished a memoir, called Don't Let Them Bury My Story. It was written by a 109-year-old woman who is the oldest living survivor of the Tulsa Race Massacre in 1921. Powerful stuff. The only one of your September possibility books that I have read is The Boys in the Boat. Excellent. I need to read more from my TBR shelves too. I have quit putting hard copy books on hold at the library for now, but I am still downloading some e-books from the library to read on the Kindle app on my phone. Happy reading in September! See you again soon for FFF!!

Faith said...

I've read several of Lisa Wingates' novels but not this one!! It's been on my "want to read' list on my phone for the last few months ut the library has a long wait list for it.

I ALMOST took out Jacqualine in Paris last week but there was finally another book i wanted so I have 3 books on my nightstand shelf waiting to be read. I need to finish the non fiction one I have going and then make a dent in the fiction one i'm reading. It's a slow going one although the story is intriguing and quite good. I dind't read alot on our trip....we were so busy doing things and catching up!!

Debbie said...

Right now I'm reading Where are the Children Now, which is a sequel to Mary Higgins Clark's original book, Where are the Children. I'm starting to get books from the library, for the first time in many, many years, and it's helping me stay up with my reading. Knowing there is a due date, keeps me picking up the book.

This past year I had gotten on a roll with historical fiction, so I bought a bunch of books that looked great at the time. Then I got tired of the genre and so now, most of my TBR on my own shelves, are not calling out to me :) But a few mysteries here and there and I'll be ready to tackle my own stack.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Barbara H. said...

I loved In this Moment. I haven't read any of the other books you have listed here, though I've seen a couple of them.

Karen said...

I just sorted through all my books this morning and passed on a few on my TBR list. I feel like a broken record, but I'm still reading War & Peace! and have picked up Chesapeake again. I'm loving both. If it wasn't for the read-along, there's no way I'd make it through or enjoy W&P.

I love looking at your titles. Dan and I listened to Boys in the Boat on a road trip and it was really good. I have This Tender Land on my TBR, and am jotting down some of the other books you've listed, we like the same authors. Oh, I loved The Reading List! I hope you enjoy it as well.

Wendy said...

I read quite a few from my TBR pile over the summer but I still have many more and like you I still get books out from the library and put some on the hold list lol