Friday, September 15, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #751



Happy Friday!  Mid-September all ready.  We are having some lovely warm days, in fact this weekend is supposed to reach 30*C (86*F) but it's definitely transition time in Southern Alberta.  This morning was darn chilly at only 5*C (41*F) when I got up.  We are in run the heater some nights and ac in some days.  But one thing doesn't change and that's on Friday's we take a pause to intentionally take note of the blessings God has given us over the past week.  Please join in as we share five of our favorites.

~ new shampoo and conditioner ~ such a silly simple pleasure but I found a new shampoo and conditioner I really like.  I need to switch it up once in a while and I found a good quality salon brand at Marshalls for a super price.

~ spontaneous hugs of a child ~ I have a super affectionate 1 1/2 year old in my dayhome and I love it.  My cup of baby hugs gets filled by her on a daily basis all throughout our day together.

~ messaging with a friend ~  My friend had moved away last year to another province and I haven't seen her but once in real life since then so I'm very grateful for messaging, texting and phone calls.  We are going through some similar things in life and it's wonderful to have that ability to talk it out and ask advice and pray for one another.  She's a very smart and logical thinker with a calm personality who has a way of not being afraid to see where God leads and this more emotional, fiesty type personality finds her very comforting and inspirational to be around.  

~ watching trains cross the viaduct ~ my city has a beautiful, famous viaduct that goes across our river valley and coulees.  It's actually been in the tv series, the Last of Us, in episode 4, albeit broken and collapsed.  As a kid it was so exciting to watching the trains cross and try to see if we could count the cars.  Then it was fun to watch our kids have that same excitement when they were little.  Now I find it nostalgic and relaxing to be in the river bottom park when it goes rumbling across.  I'll admit I still try and count the cars once in awhile.  It's the little things!



~ Friday night takeout ~ Friday night is our night to get takeout.  Hubby insists so that I can have a break from cooking.  I not only have to think what to make us for dinners but I also have to plan 2 snacks and cook a lunch daily for the dayhome.  This small gift is a treasure that I never want to take for granted.

What were your favorite blessings this week?












10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. It's so nice that you and your hubby do take-ou every Friday. It's always nice to get a break in the kitchen. Hugs from little ones are so sincere and heartfelt. They are just the best! That viaduct in your city is super cool. So glad you had a good week. Now, enjoy the weekend. See you again soon!

Faith said...

I can relate to all of your faves but most especially the one about having a friend to talk and pray with...in fact, i listed that as one of mine today too!

I've never seen the show the last of us but your pics make me want to go visit and walk there and count train cars!! I used to walk a railroad bridge in my childhood hometown and one time my friend and I (we were silly pre teens) had to jump off and HANG because a train was coming to the bridge where we were horsing around....guess who never did that again!!)

Hugs from toddlers and friday night take outs are the best!!

Now I need to know which shampoo you found at Marshalls.....we have a big marshalls here in town....and I'm looking for a new shampoo......

enjoy the weekend!! It was cold here this AM too (I got up at 7 and it was only 49 F but i LOVE it. a high this weekend of 76 F...perfect!!

Barbara H. said...

Sometimes the little things make such a big difference. I know what it is to have shampoo and conditioner that just don't work for some reason, so finding some that do is a blessing.

Baby hugs are so sweet.

It's lovely to have such a friend with good perspective and faith.

I value take-out, too. I told my husband it's not just not cooking, but not having to plan and prepare and clean up after a meal as well. We've been talking about all the ins and outs and concerns about retirement recently, but preparing meals isn't something we can retire from. So it's nice to have a break from it sometimes.

Willow said...

What sweet FFFs this week, Susanne. I love that you get all those toddler hugs
It must be so fun to watch the trains cross that bridge! Wow! It is so high and huge.
No cooking for dinner would definitely be on my list of Faves, too.
Enjoy those beautiful sunny and warm(ish) days!

Linda Hoye said...

When I was still working, we used to do Foraging Friday. Not takeout, but we fended for ourselves. Meal planning and preparation can be such a chore. Kudos to your husband for recognizing that and insisting on a break.

nikkipolani said...

Baby hugs! There's so much sweetness in little ones.

I like that Friday tradition. Glad you can indulge in it especially in this busy season of life.

Beautiful and interesting shots of the trains so near your home.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I enjoyed your post on this cozy Friday. I also love it when I find a new shampoo and conditioner. Friday night takeout sounds great. It is a good start to the weekend! Have a cozy one!

Susan said...

Having special friends is a gift. I wrote about mine too. Toddler hugs is a blessing! Enjoy your cooler weather.

Gattina said...

Wow, that's a high bridge ! Once a week not cooking is a treat, I don't cook at all anymore for me alone I am too lazy. I have a nice shop where I buy my meals.

Wendy said...

Wow that's a very high viaduct. Not sure I'd want to be on a train going over it. Aww hugs from little ones are indeed precious. We used to do takeout on Fridays when we were both working but not so much these days. Enjoy the rest of the weekend Susanne.