Tuesday, May 16, 2023

May Reading Possibilites

I can't believe it's the middle of May and I am just now getting this post written.  I've had the books picked out from the beginning of May but getting to the writing up of the post has just taken forever.  But here it is.  

For the Read What I Own part of the this year's reading challenge for the month of May I chose books with the color Beige or Brown on the cover.  





Read What I Own: Color of the Month for May:  Beige or Brown

          ~ The Book Woman's Daughter by Kim Michele Richardson (finished in June)
          ~ Brooklyn by Colm Toibin
          ~ Universe of Two by Stephen P. Kiernan
          ~ The Pearl That Broke It's Shell by Nadia Hashimi
          ~The Last Bookshop in London by Madeline Martin
          ~ Family Law by Gin Phillips

Oldest and Newest Purchased Books

          ~ A Silken Thread by Kim Vogel Sawyer (oldest)
          ~ A Piece of the Moon by Chris Fabry


Library Holds

          ~ Independence by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni  (finished)
          ~ The Unknown Beloved by Amy Harmon


Non-Fiction

          ~ Educated by Tara Westover
          ~ The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown


Audiobook

          ~ All My Knotted Up Life: A Memoir by Beth Moore  (finished)
          ~ So Help Me God by Mike Pence





Reading anything good this month?




2 comments:

Faith said...

I LOVED reading Educated. WOW that poor girl but praise God she got out.

I was just at the library ( I took a half day as i have my annual physical later this afternoon) and I saw that book about the book keepers daughter on the shelf! I was returning Grace by Obama's speechwriter Cody Keenan. HIGHLY recommend. I learned so much.

I've been wondering about The Boys on the Boat. I've seen it in stores and at the library but haven't been particularly drawn to it.
Good list of books for the month!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have read Educated and The Boys in the Boat. Both were fascinating reads for me. I want to try and get Mike Pence's book on audio and listen to it. Should be quite interesting. I have only finished two books so far this month, so things are going slow for me in the book department too. I will look forward to seeing what you decide to read! See you again soon!