Thursday, October 06, 2022

October Reading Possibilities


September, I felt like I was kind of barely chugging along in my reading but when I looked back I actually finished 3 books.  So I guess I did better than I was thinking.  Fall is here which always makes me feel like cozying up with good books so hopefully there are some great reads in my choices.  It's been feeling really good this year to get some books read off my shelves and out the door to let someone else enjoy them.

The Read Your Shelf Challenge prompt for October is "A book with the word Secret in the title".  Not being able to meet the challenge the last couple of months it was fun to see I had a few to meet this month's challenge.  I also threw in a few books that have titles that allude to a secret being kept.  And a book with "autumn" in the title, just because it is autumn.  The library book has nothing to do with the prompt but just sounded like a fun read.




READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE PROMPT (a book with "secret" in the title)

          ~ The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky  (finished)
          ~ Keeping My Sisters' Secret by Beezy Marsh
          ~ All My Mother's Secrets by Beezy Marsh
          ~ Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain
          ~ Shiloh Autumn by Brock & Bodie Thoene

   
LIBRARY BOOKS TBR

          ~ A Rip Through Time by Kelley Armstrong  (finished)
          ~Everything We Didn't Say by Nicole Baart


NON-FICTION

          ~ the above books by Beezy Marsh are non-fiction
          ~ Facing Fear by Nik Walenda
          ~ Praying the Scriptures for your Adult Children by Jodie Berndt


BOOK PURCHASED BETWEEN 2020 - 2022

          ~ Code Name Helene by Ariel Lawhon


AUDIOBOOKS

          ~ Ask It by Andy Stanley
          ~ What Your Soul Needs in Stressful Times by Holley Gerth



What are you reading this October?  




2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

The only one of those books I've read was Everything We Didn't Say and I really liked that one. Looks like you have some good reading possibilities for the month. See you tomorrow for FFF!

Faith said...

OOOOHHHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tatiana de Rosnay. I read that one!! In fact I think i've read ALL of her novels to date. unless she has had one during covid or now. I LOVE her novels. SHe's amazing.

The barbara Delinsky one sounds VERY familiar and I've read several of hers. I couldn't find the review on my blog though so maybe not unless it was before 2008. but it sure sounds familiar. i think i did read it.

This month I'm reading our small group book (we are about to start Chapter 4) What's so Amazing about Grace that EVERY christian should read. And I'm finishing up a novel called The Good WIdow. REALLY good book. I have waiting for me 3 library books and a book set in Japan that my oldest girl says i MUST read. :) OH and Im plodding along on a once day devotional about CHristian Women through History.