Friday, May 14, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #633




Hi everyone!  This Friday came so quickly!  It seemed like I blinked and it just zoomed by.  I know I was real busy but it seems like I have nothing to show for it.   Some weeks are just like that.  I'm thankful I have this group to help me take a pause and look back over the week for blessings in my life otherwise they might just pass by.  So in no particular order:

~ pansies on the porch ~ with the heavier restrictions our church has gone back to online service only starting on Mother's Day.  But later in the morning I received a text to open the door and look down and there they had delivered a lovely little pansy for Mother's Day.  It was a real blessing knowing that they went to that effort to bring a little Mother's Day sunshine.  Usually they hand out some type of flower at the service.  I can't wait to plant it into a new tabletop planter I got for the patio table.

~ episode 4, season 2 of the Chosen ~I know I've mentioned this show a lot before but oh my, this episode just got me.  So well done.  So many touching moments, lots of quotable quotes  and moments of "wow" where I saw such a familiar biblical story in such a personal and real way.

~ bedroom furniture ~  my spare bedroom has been sitting empty since my youngest moved out and took the furniture with her.  Hubby has been plugging away at redoing it top to bottom, literally from ceiling to floor.  And I've been waiting for the budget to get some furniture, at least a bed, for when the kids come to visit.  My mom last week blessed me with her spare bedroom furniture.  Now I'm ready for the day when I can have all the kids home at once.

~ lovely Mother's Day ~ this was the first year that none of my kids were able to be here for Mother's Day.  Up until now at least one of them was always able to come celebrate.  But my son had just been down the week before to help my mom move and was back to work, my other daughter was sick with tonsilitis, and the oldest who is in another province stayed home because of restrictions.  Restrictions in Alberta got tighter right before Mother's Day because our numbers are so high so indoor gathering was not allowed anyway.  But in spite of that, I had a wonderful day.  I got phone calls from all of them, a nice Starbucks gift card.  Hubby took me shopping and got me a really nice summer blanket I was wanting and some new deck chairs.  I had time to relax and read.  And we ordered takeout from a nice restaurant for which I had a gift card given to me at Christmas by one of my dayhome families.  

~ good vets ~ this week was the big week when our new pup got neutered.  I'm grateful for my vet clinic where all the staff are so loving and compassionate and understanding.  I know he was in good hands and I appreciated the follow up call they made a couple days later to make sure he was doing well.

 

What were your favorite five blessings of the last week?







7 comments:

Gattina said...

This year Mother's day was strange for everybody. Nice that you got the furniture from your mother ! Mr. G is still in hospital but maybe he will come out next week.
Here it's just the opposite with the lockdown from June9th on we will have far more freedom and the restaurants can open completely ! It's about time !

Faith said...

I'm so sorry to hear Alberta is still under strict restrictions!! Our nation is FINALLY openng up more!!! There is no longer a mask mandate for those of us who are fully vaccinated. Such good news!! Biden is doing a terrific job leading the USA. Prayers are being answered. Now we will pray for Canada!!

Sounds Ike your Mother's Day was perfect. It really does change over the years doesn't it?? I was happy to just have a walk and time to read!

How thoughtful too for the church to deliver flowers!

Glad you got your extra bedroom all set up!

Enjoy the beautiful weekend!

Barbara Harper said...

Wow, I am so sorry about the high COVID numbers and tighter restrictions--and right before Mother's Day! Here, I just read yesterday that they're saying that fully vaccinated people don't have to wear masks any more except at hospitals and on public transportation. Personally, I think that's a little premature--I'm not putting my masks away any time soon.

I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day even in the current circumstances. That was sweet of the church to bring out pansies for the moms.

We're doing the same thing with our new spare bedroom since my youngest moved out. Actually, we painted his old room, moved my sewing/craft stuff from the other room in there, and now we need to paint the other bedroom. I'm having fun planning an official guest bedroom. I'm thankful we have a place where all the kids can come and stay if they want to. At some point we may have to downsize to a smaller house, but I'm glad we have this now.

I'm glad you have a good vet for Tux's needs.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you had a nice Mother's Day in spite of the restrictions. As of yesterday, those of us who are vaccinated are able to take our masks off down here. Furniture in your spare room will be so nice, and you can look forward to more visits from your children. Have a great weekend!

Willow said...

I think I loved every one of your faves, Susanne! The pansies, the bedroom furniture, and that last quote. So so good!
Here where I live, we will soon be able to go out without masks if we have been vaccinated. Here's hoping that soon you will be able to see your children.
Happy weekend!

Karen said...

Sounds like a lovely mother's day. My kids are all far from home, too, so it was a different kind of day that included take out and phone calls.

Pansies on the porch! I had to smile, because I just put a bunch out on my front porch this week. (They are silk, the only silk flowers I put out for the summer. The porch is west facing and gets baked by the sun.)

I'm about a third of the way into the book (Becoming Mrs L) and I still can't decide how I feel. It's leaving me a bit cold.

Have a good weekend:)

Wendy said...

Sorry you're facing more restrictions again. Things are easing here and from Monday we can have people indoors! It must be nice to get your bedroom redone and have furniture again. I'm glad you managed to enjoy your Mother's Day and at least catch up with your kids. Have a good weekend and hope your pup is recovering ok.