Friday, April 09, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #629





Hi everyone!  Welcome to Friday's Five.  Looking for the blessings from the past week, taking that pause to be grateful.  Won't you join in?  Though my blessings were definitely there my list is going to be a bit scarce on the detail as my pointer finger is sporting a great big bandage on it's tip.  Have you ever tried to type with a big bandage on the tip of your finger?  It's hard going.  Lots of backspacing and correcting as you type way more letters than you were meaning to.  Lol.  But press on we will.

~ Easter weekend ~ In Alberta we are still on gathering restrictions.  No one indoors except your own household, so for 2 Easters in a row now we have not had our family over for our usual celebrations which is extremely frustrating and sad.  But we did get to have our youngest come home as she is single and so is allowed 2 people she can go be with on the holiday indoors.  I'm really thankful for that.  We had a nice few days together just relaxing and hanging out.

~ Saturday road trip ~ spur of the moment road trip to Calgary on Saturday was just the little getaway we needed.  We needed a few things that were not available in the city.  It was a gorgeous sunny day so we jumped in the car and headed to the big city.   First stop was the mall because I wanted to get a Ghost Armor screen protector.  So while they were applying  that we went to an outdoor clothing store for a jacket for Dave.  Turns out we both got one.  We strolled around the mall a bit and then had a nice supper out and came home.  It was a relaxing time away that we both needed.


~ online support~ this week yet again found me on the phone with tech support trying to figure out what my email migration to gmail has done with messing up my blogger log in and name linking when I comment on your blogs.  We still haven't totally resolved the issue but it wasn't for lack of trying on the tech support person's part.  I'll have to do things a different way which means a learning curve for me and on the odd blog, depending on how your commenting is set up on your end, I'll just have to sign in my name right in the comment with no link.  But I'm grateful for these tech people.  I wouldn't want their job!

~ the Chosen season 2 ~ finally season 2 of the Chosen arrived on Easter Sunday evening.  Episode one live streamed on their facebook and youtube channels but episode 2 on will be available on their free app only**.  They will make each episode available as soon as they finish it.  Episode 2 is on Tuesday night.  Season 1 is available on youtube here if you haven't yet seen it.  Such a good show.  
**  update:  season 2 episode 2 is apparently going to be live stream on fb, youtube and on the chosen app Tuesday night 9 p.m. ET

~ hydroponic tulips ~ Last Thursday while in Costco I wanted to get some flowers for Easter.  Tulips are my favorite spring flowers and they had this jar of tulip bulbs immersed in water.  I thought it was interesting and unique with the bulbs and roots showing so I bought it.  So glad I did.  They are just fun to watch grow.  When I first got them they were all leaves and were just barely above the rim of the vase and now look only  a week later.  It's been a fun learning tool with the dayhome kids and they've been so excited each day to see what is different than the day before.  Even I look at it first thing to see what's changed.  




What have been your favorite blessings from the week?







9 comments:

Faith said...

That's kind of odd to me that Canada still won't let you gather inside. Good grief!! We've been gathering here in NY (up to 10 people only) since last July!! Of course Dave and I are almost fully vaccinated. One more week until dose 2 and now Courtney is trying to find an appointment as she's over 16 and it just opened for anyone over age 16.
At least you got to have Tamara come but i know it's not the same as having the whole gang.

I have only watched episode 1 of the Chosen!! I am just too busy to sit and watch TV I guess. Maybe I will see if Netflix has it and I can watch while I fold laundry.

I LOVE hydroponic plants! so fun to watch. I have a cutting from my youngest daughter's spider plant that I am going to bring in to the classroom next week and we will watch it grow.....the kids love that kind of thing.

yay for road trips!! one made my list too!!

Happy Weekend!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I hope your finger is better soon and that you can get your email tech issues resolved. That is so frustrating! I love those hydroponic tulips. Tulips are some of my favorite flowers! So nice your daughter could come for Easter. We have loved The Chosen Season 1 and will be watching Season 2 - but will probably wait for it to be on DVD. Hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Barbara Harper said...

I'm sorry about your finger! Hope it heals soon. I imagine having it bandaged makes lots of things awkward.

I'm glad your daughter could come for Easter and you and your husband had a little get-away.

Two of my sons are tech people. The youngest had his physical this week, and the nurse said, "Your blood pressure is good, especially for someone in IT." LOL!

What a neat way show the tulips!

nikkipolani said...

Have had some phone technical issues, too, so I feel (a little) of your pain. Hope it all gets resolved!

Glad you got a much-needed break. I forget how nice it is just to have a change of scenery. And to bring a little home -- those tulips look gorgeous!

Gattina said...

Same rules here ! and also second Easter alone without family. Fortunately we have Whatsapp ! Your tulips look very nice they grow ! For kids it's nice to observe ! I wished the weather would be a bit warmer we even had snow ! I fear for "my" beautiful cherry tree !

Willow said...

Oh dear. What did you do to your pointer?
I hope you will get all the kinks worked out. I'm sorry you have to add that to your busy schedule.
Those tulips! I smiled when you mentioned that the day care kids love watching them grow. I have tulips leaves growing in my front garden--hoping they actually grow flowers, too.
Happy weekend to you!

ellen b. said...

I find tech problems so frustrating because I'm clueless. What fun those tulips are. I'll have to look at ours to see if they might have some. Hope you have a restful weekend.

ellen b. said...

Don't know where my first comment went speaking of tech problems. Hope you get everything working well. Have a wonderful weekend and I'm going to check and see if our Costco has any tulips like those!

Wendy said...

I hope your finger gets better. That must have made typing very frustrating especially on a phone. Yep tech problems are so annoying. Hope you can get them completed sorted soon. Your tulips are lovely. Many of our shops can reopen on Monday but I won't be rushing to do a shopping trip just yet although I do have an appointment booked for a haircut. Yay! Enjoy the rest of the weekend Susanne.