Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #630




Hi everyone!  Welcome to another edition of Friday's Fave Five.  We're pausing to look over the week and find our blessings. Please take that moment and join us.

New addition to the family   Introducing Tux.  We were not on the hunt for a new dog.  The furthest thing from our thoughts at this time.  We were still numb from losing our Todd last month.  But we got a call about a little fella that needed a home.  And how could we say no to this face?  It's made my life a little crazier and busier but hopefully we all fall into a new routine soon.  And the smiles and joy he brings is worth it.




Birds chirping.  How wonderful it has been to listen to the birds singing their spring songs.  We have quite a few different kinds in the neighborhood and it has been lovely hearing them all.  

Gassed up car.  I was reflecting on what a blessing it is to just get in my car and drive and really hardly ever have to worry about filling it up.  Hubby takes care of that for me.  Even with the added trips of going to see my mom each weekend when I go then next week the tank is always full.  I never have to even ask.  It's one less thing I have to worry about and it really does save me time.  I really appreciate this gift he gives me.

Indian Food Takeout.  In Alberta our restaurants are yet again moved back to take out service only unless they have a patio and then you can dine al fresco.  All this back and forth with closing down, re-opening, restrictions added, restrictions taken away and then re-added has been really hard on all of them.  For our date night on Friday we decided to support one of the local restaurants that didn't have a patio and we ordered from our favorite Indian restaurant in town.  The meal was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced too.  

Good advice.  I had a decision to make concerning whether to take on a new family or not in the dayhome because of certain circumstances of where one of the parents worked and COVID.  I went through weeks of stress with it because I tend to really overthink things and stew way too much about it trying to think of every angle.  I felt in my heart to go and ask my neighbor, who is a doctor, her advice .  Though she can't divulge any specific information because of privacy, she was wonderful and answered all my questions as best as she could and gave some advice that would help me to decide one way or the other.  Once I had some clarity in all the confusion, I felt a peace with my decision.  But most of all, I gave myself the permission to be able to change my mind should I feel at any time the need to.  Which really helped.  I know God will direct my path, I just have to settle my thoughts down and be open.

What have your blessings been this week?




 





7 comments:

Faith said...

sounds like a special week of special blessings!
cute puppy!! LOVE the name Tux.

have a good weekend!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Tux is so cute! What a great addition to your family. Sounds like a good week, and I love how you appreciate small things you could take for granted, like having gas in your car, courtesy of your sweet husband. It's always a great thing when God gives us peace about a decision. I love listening to the birds in the springtime too! Have a good weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

Tux is so cute, and what a neat name. I hope he brings you much joy. My husband will often gas up my car, though he hasn't had occasion to recently. It's one of those tasks I can do, but it's a blessing to me when he does it. We just had Indian food takeout, at least the side dishes, for my grandson's birthday. It's not my favorite (though everyone else in the family loves Indian food), but I even liked it this time. I tend to way overthink decisions, too, and it's wonderful when someone can bring some clarity and direction to our thinking.

nikkipolani said...

TUX!!! Welcome to the FFF family :-)

These are lovely blessings of helps - from your husband, to the help you're giving to the local restaurant, from your knowledgeable neighbor and peace from God. I appreciate that you acknowledge your weakness and can seek help from reliable sources.

Wendy said...

Awww Tux is so cute. I hope he's settling in well. We tried our first takeaway near our new house last week and that was Indian and delicious. So nice not to cook. I'm glad you worked out the best decision to take. It's very easy to get caught up in overthinking things. You're lucky to get your car filled for you - we only have 1 car and I drive it the most so it's usually me that gets that job. Have a good weekend Susanne.

ellen b. said...

Aww...Tux does have a sweet face. Congrats on the new member of your household. Hats off to your dear spouse and keeping that gas tank full! Poor restaurants with all the back and forth. So sad when some have to close their doors forever. Glad you got some good advice which made your decision easier. Happy weekend to you!

Willow said...

OH yes, the birds chirping! I should have included that in my faves as I was thinking about the bird songs this morning.
And greetings to Tux. He's adorable.
I love how God shows us His plan and gives us peace. I'm glad you had that experience with your neighbor this week.
Have a good weekend!