Friday, August 30, 2019
Friday's Fave Five #548
I cannot believe another whole week has so quickly come and gone. I have such great intentions on posting during the week including Part III of my Operation Christmas Child Costa Rica trip. We've had members of the household sick, things have cropped up that needed dealing with and the next thing I know here it is Friday. But all the more reason to pause and look for blessings through my week I may have missed in the hectic days. Please join us. Guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
1. Treated out for supper. We were treated out by friends of ours to a delicious little local Vietnamese restaurant. This place has really taken off here in town and with good reason. The food was fresh and delicious and you got good portions. It was fun enjoying this little gem of a place with great company.
2. Fall Mums. Though it is a sure sign the cooler weather is coming, the fall mums, also known as chrysanthemums, are out in all the stores. I love these prolific blooming little flowers and they are showing up in all sorts of colors. Paired with pumpkins or other fall decorations they look gorgeous by front door entries. I haven't bought mine yet because I just can't decide what color I want.
3. Cool evenings, warm days. Tomorrow we will turn the calendar to September 1st which in my mind is the real start of fall. We are already seeing the signs. The weather is turning here. We are still getting nice warm days but the evenings definitely are cooling off. So glad that for the most part we don't have to run the ac during the night. I much prefer fresh and natural air.
4. Laundry fresh out of the dryer. As you know, I was without my dryer for a whole month. Well this week I realized just what a blessing soft, lovely smelling laundry is. You just don't realize until you don't have it, what a blessing having a dryer is. Yes, I did run to Mom's for a few loads, but I also tried to wash and then throw some loads over the deck railing to dry. And though it smelled awesome, it was for the most part rough and the towels downright crunchy-ish. It tell you, that first couple of loads, warm and soft, right when the load was done in the dryer? Heaven! It's the little things, I tell ya!
5. Texting. So thankful when I get those little texts from my grown kids that let me in on the goings on in their lives, or those little hellos that let me know they are thinking of me.
What have your favorite blessings been this week? Are you seeing signs of fall in your neck of the woods?