Welcome to Friday's Fave Five . We're looking for blessings in our lives in a purposeful way. By taking some moments to take note of those things that bring joy or lift us up we are cultivating a grateful attitude and training our hearts to look for the hand of God in our everyday routines. Feel free to join us if you are new. The more the merrier. Guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
1. Dryer fixed. I had been without a dryer for a month. Wow, you don't really realize how much you rely on an appliance until it's taken away from you. I was washing my clothes at my house and then taking two wet loads at a time to my mom's to dry each week. So thankful for that but it did add so much more effort compared to just throwing it in a home. And the huge blessing is we got it fixed for free even though it's off warranty. After expressing shock and dismay that they would make me pay any part of what was faulty circuitry (or whatever it's called) and that they were lucky they didn't burn my house down the company acquiesced and agreed to pay the whole shot. Very thankful for that because last week my car's steering decided it was going to put up a protest!
2. Car fixed. As mentioned above my car's steering decided to join the dryer in mutiny. We took it to our mechanic who ordered the part. Unfortunately when the part came it came with a huge warning sticker that it must be programmed by the dealership. So then we had to book into a dealership. And then the weekend came so I was without a vehicle for almost a week. I finally have it back and I'm so grateful.
3. Pool replaced. I had bought the dayhome kids a new pool for the summer in July. It's the same one I've bought for years and they usually last me 3-5 years which is good considering how often it's set up and taken down. This one, though, lasted me 3 uses. I was going to start the repairs on it (good ol' shoe goo and duct tape are miracle workers) when I thought I should phone the store and ask for a replacement even though I no longer had the box or receipt. I did that and within a few minutes of being passed to a couple different departments I was told to come in and get a new one. Very thankful for that.
4. New favorite lip balm. Caramel Creme by Chapstick. I think it's a seasonal one (Christmas, maybe?) but still loving it in the summer.
5. Favorite bookmark found. I had misplaced a favorite bookmark given to me by my daughter which had a sweet picture of Winnie the Pooh on it. Winnie is a favorite nostalgic character from their childhood so the fact that she gave it to me makes it very special. I had lost it and now have found it again. Makes me happy everytime I look at it in my book. :)
Bonus: Loving this quote:
Goes very well with the goals of Friday's Fave Five, don't you think?
Just a note: My internet server has had a major issue this past week that has affected the receiving and sending of emails. As in I can't do either. So if you've wondered why I might not have answered something you might have emailed me that is why. They've set up a temporary email online and I can now receive my emails but I still cannot send any. It has also messed with me posting pictures from my phone. Has been very frustrating but I know it will eventually get back. Learning a little lesson in patience.
What were your 5 favorite blessings from the last week?