Friday, April 26, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #530




Hi everyone!  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  This is our time to take a look back over the week and take note of the blessings that came our way sharing 5 of them.  They can be big  or small, found in good or hard times.  It is an intentional exercise to help us to be thankful and to notice those good gifts that God gives, things that make this life of ours good or things that lift us when it's been tough.  Please join us!

1.  Family home for Easter!  That everyone made it home for Easter was such a blessing. It was a quick visit but so glad that they all came anyway.  We had a lovely ham dinner and just enjoyed each other's company throughout the weekend.  The only thing that was not good is that I did not get one picture of everyone around the table or everyone together.   Oh well.  We'll just have to get together again.

2.  A good laugh.  

Switched Up

I may not have got a picture of everyone together but I did have my wits about me to get a picture of how my son totally pranked me this time around.  I've mentioned in previous posts how every time he comes he switches some picture around and waits for me to notice.  This was Thanksgiving's switch up   and this was June of last year to name a few.  Well he really upped his game this time.  He switched my couch and love seat around.  And darned if it took me a good hour to notice that something wasn't right but in the chaos of cooking and company coming, I just never even noticed.  And then when I did see soemthing off, I thought the love seat was just not put back properly after he vacuumed.  So I asked his girlfriend to stand up while I pushed and pulled and re-positioned that couch for a couple minutes wondering why on earth the silly thing was not looking right or fitting right before it dawned on me that it had 3 cushions rather than 2 and that I was trying to fit a couch into the love seat spot.  And that girl did not say a word and kept her face straight the whole time.  Stinker.  LOL.  He got me good.  These two are not as innocent as they look.  Ha.




3.  Group chat app.  Our Operation Christmas Child Costa Rica Team created a group with the WhatsApp so that we could share pictures.  What a blessing this has been.  Not only did we share all our pictures with each other  but it has become a place for prayer requests, praise reports and staying in touch.  Our hearts were really knit together as a team which was so surprising to me.  After all we were a team of 27 from all over Canada with different backgrounds and different lives.  Yet God just really formed us into a great team that really cared for each other and it's so nice to be able to keep connecting in this way.

4.  Costa Rican chocolate.  When at the airport to come home in Liberia, Costa Rica, they had samples of some of these chocolates out.  I found a variety pack of 100 small treat packages so I bought that with the thought of giving these out for Easter to the family.  Oh my goodness, they are so good.  Orange, pineapple, coconut, guava, passionfruit, and coffee bean were the varieties and they were all so yummy.  The packs were small with just 2 or 3 little bites so it was nice to be able to try all the flavors.  Kinda wish I would have bought more.






5.  Costa Rican coffee.  One can't go to Costa Rica and not get some coffee straight from some growers, right?  I bought some from a small grower and gave a couple bags as gifts and kept one for myself.  When I opened it up it was quite a light roast, much lighter than what we like.  But I remembered how some women from Africa had shown me how they roast their coffee beans so I poured it into my cast iron fry pan and just roasted them over medium heat on the stove, stirring constantly until it turned to a nice darker medium roast.  It was some of the best coffee I've ever had.  So smooth and a lovely flavor, not at all bitter.  And it made the whole house smell fragrant.   Again wish I would have bought more had I known but it was a real nice treat while it lasted.



What were your favorite blessings from the past week?

On a side note, I know I mentioned that I would do some Operation Christmas Child trip posts this week but with the Easter weekend and company and then trying to get together a presentation for church this weekend it just didn't happen.  I will try my best to start them next week. 







5 comments:

Gattina said...

That's really funny that your son switches things around and you don't notice, lol ! I would notice right away ! They must have had a lot of fun. Your Easter was nice mine less, with Mr.G. still being in Hospital and for at least 3 weeks more. Your trip to Costa Rica must have been very interesting and yes, it's true Whatsapp is a blessing, for me being able to see my grandson !

Faith said...

Oh what wonderful faves!!
Your son sounds like my youngest girl! She's always rearranging something until i notice!! Once it took me 5 days!!! Hahaha

LOVE fresh coffee from exotic places. Weve had coffee from Guatemala, Kenya and Ethiopia due to dave or friends on missions trip. Soooo good!! What a neT idea about roasting the beans!

Those chocolates sound amazing.

Looking forward to your OCC posts!!!
Happy weekend,

Barbara H. said...

So nice everyone was home! My oldest usually comes around this time of year, but Easter doesn't always coincide. So glad it did this year. And I forgot a family photo, too! Everyone took lots of pictures, but none of all of us together. We just got one at Christmas, though, so it's not too bad.

So funny about your son's rearrangements. I wonder how he'll top this one!

One time my husband brought chocolate home from Austria, and I was so surprised that it was so bitter. Funny how foods taste differently from different places. Glad your chocolate and coffee were so good! My husband likes trying different coffees from different countries, too.

Willow said...

I had to laugh about your son pranking you by moving something around each time he visits. (I'm NOT telling my son about this!) One of my sons loves to come into the kitchen and chat with me, but he always manages to get in my way. It takes me awhile to realize he's AGAIN doing it on purpose.

What a blessing to have all your family home for a holiday!

Wendy said...

How lovely to have everyone home for Easter - even if they did rearrange your furniture! I'd probably notice quite quickly but my hubby would probably have sat in the chairs for a while without noticing lol.