Monday, October 15, 2018

Some things never change and then some do

Some of you might remember back in June in this post I mentioned how every time my son comes home, like the queen flying the flag when she's in residence, his tradition is to somehow mix up my pictures.  It states "Jeremy is in residence".  And in true fashion, this time was no different.  The usual trio of picks got his touch, but this time he was sneaky.  He also changed up a large picture I have on display in living room over the cabinet.  Again it took me a while to notice.  How could I has missed this one for so long?

Because I don't have a mantle anymore this is my little corner I like to decorate throughout the year.  My tastes are getting simpler but I kinda like a cozy feel.  I think I achieve that quite nicely with the fall colors.



 Jeremy's handiwork (ignore the jar and lid of whatever that is that I didn't notice until after I took the picture):



He is definitely spreading his wings.  Makes me wonder what on earth is going to change up when he next visits.  You'll be happy to know that he took his painting with him when he left.  I just could not make whatever star wars ships those are work with my decor tastes.

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

What fun that he leaves his mark on his visits. Too funny! I'm with you in preferring cozy to spaceships!

Barbara H. said...

That's hilarious. It's funny you didn't notice the change of picture for a while.

Wendy said...

Had to laugh that you didn't notice. Your display looks great (with your picture of course!)

nikkipolani said...

I dunno -- I kind of like the unexpected zaniness of his surprise. But it's nice to get back to normal after Jeremy's visit ;-)