Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. During this busy season I find it's even more important for me to be intentional in looking for blessings throughout the week. I can get so focused on the to do list that I miss those special moments when God may be bringing a blessing, or I soon forget them as the responsibilities stack up. Won't you join in looking back over the last week and finding and sharing 5 of your favorite blessings of the week, large or small.
1. New Favorite Christmas Candle: Vanilla Balsam from Bath and Body. Oh my. So lovely. The vanilla tones down the strong balsam making it subtle. So nice. I tried to link to it on the site but couldn't find it. They must have sold out.
And speaking of candles at Bath and Body, they had a crazy good one day sale where 3 wick candles were only $10.50. Here in Canada that is a steal as they are usually $24.50 each. I was able to pick up some extras for those unexpected times during this season where I need to come up with a gift.
2. Tree 2018. The first weekend of December is when we usually decorate at Living to Tell household. The tree went up, easy peasy with the new last year pre-lit tree. And with the downsizing of the the tree from a 7 1/2 ft, 54 in. wide tree we used to have to a 6 ft, 48 in wide we now have, it took less time to decorate. And my new tree topper, mentioned last week is just perfect.
3. That peaceful moment at the start of the day. One of my favorites things during December is getting up in the morning and just sitting with the tree lights on with my cup of coffee. It's so peaceful with just the light from the tree and so beautiful. A time to just savor and wake up before I have to hit the floor running
4. Hearing of God's work in the life of a friend. She has been struggling with a certain thing and moving beyond it to receive from the Lord for years. But this week she had a major breakthrough. It was so wonderful to hear her tell of how God worked it out and the joy in her voice was a marked difference. Praise God for victories!
5. Back in the reading groove. I've been in a bit of a reading slump as of late. Still reading but not nearly as much as I usually do. But I think this week I got a bit back into the groove with some nice pockets of reading time here and there.
What have been your favorite blessings this week?