Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #512



Here we are, almost halfway through the month of December and only 1 more FFF before Christmas.  I know it's super busy for everyone!  Just not enough hours in a day during this season.  So it's especially important to be intentional in finding God's blessings in our days.  To press the pause button and take an intentional look at the good things in the midst of the busy.  Please join us.

In no particular order here are some of the some of the moments and things that brought blessing into my life this busy week.

~back in time for Christmas~ some of you will remember back in June I mentioned the Back in Time for Dinner series that Canadian network CBC put out.  Tamara and I really enjoyed watching it together.  We both found it so interesting, it was a great concept for a tv show,  and the real life family on the show was just fun to watch.  Well this week we were surprised when my pvr automatically recorded an addition to that called Back in Time for Christmas.  While it wasn't a series, just one episode it was still fun to see how Canadians celebrated Christmas through the decades starting at 1940's through to the 2000's.  It was hilarious to both Tamara and I that several times throughout the show I would remark things like "Oh that was my blender",  "Oh look there is the electric knife I had", etc.  And again is was enjoyable watching it with my girl.



~Christmas celebration with the bible study ladies~ I always love this time with the ladies.  We've wrapped up the fall session of bible study and it's Christmas season.  For many years we did a pot luck at my house, which I loved hosting, though it was a lot of work for me as I run a childcare dayhome out of my house.  But this year the ladies were all wanting to go out to a restaurant so that we did.  The meal was awesome and the conversations wonderful.  There were a couple of new ladies so it was nice to get to know them better in a more relaxed, fun setting.

~some good deals on Christmas gifts~  this always is a favorite. 

~ planter~ I actually did this at the beginning of the month but forgot to post it.  I kinda really like how the front porch planter turned out.



And the super bonus is that I was able to make this for a fraction of the cost using my summer planter compared to purchasing it already made up.

~a surprise late birthday lunch at a fave restaurant~ my mom gifted my hubby a nice gift card for his birthday because he shovels for her and helps her out with various things around her home.  So he took us all out to lunch on Sunday.  It was nice having a great meal and no dishes on a Sunday!

What were your favorite blessings this last week?  If you do a Friday Fave Five post, please feel free to add your link.




7 comments:

Gattina said...

I see you are deep in Christmas mood, I not at all, coming back from the heat and sunshine, although there was Christmas decoration, coming back was hard ! Now I have to think about the tree, etc !!

Barbara H. said...

I had not heard of that series, but it looks so interesting. I imagine there are many similarities to how the US celebrated, but some differences as well. Your Christmas celebration with the Bible study ladies sounds fun. I love finding good deals on Christmas gifts! Ran into some unexpected ones this year that made me very happy! That gift card was so nice of your mom. I know what you mean about the blessing no dishes or meal making on Sunday.

Dianna said...

LOVE the front porch planter that you did, Susanne! It is so festive and the fact that you were able to do it at a fraction of the cost because you used your summer planter just makes it even better! And Christmas gifts found with good deals...AWESOME!

Wendy said...

Your planter looks great and sounds like you had a nice week. Surprise outings that work out well are always good. Enjoy your weekend.

Faith said...

oh Susanne, that planter looks just amazing!! I LOVE how you decorated it and you did a great job!!

That series looks like something I'd like. Now, I wonder if i could possibly find it on one of my cable channels (i rarely watch TV so don't even KNOW all the cable channels) or maybe Netflix? hm.....

I love getting together for Christmas celebrations but this fall my ladies group decided (with me prodding them...hahaha) to meet in JANUARY for breakfast instead!! We're going to a cute little cafe just south of us on the outskirts of Albany that i haven't been to since my oldest girl was a preschooler! We are on break until the end of January so it will be fun to get together mid-January.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Karen said...

Oh, I love the planter, Susanne! I'm always so afraid to go 'big' with things, and that looks fabulous!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a good week. That show about Christmas' of the past is great. I would enjoy something like that. Hope it comes to a TV station down here. Have a great week and a very Merry Christmas!