Friday, November 02, 2018
Friday's Fave Five #506
Welcome to the first Friday's Fave Five of November 2018. Goodness, did I just type that? The days have been flying by. It seems like I just made the last FFF post and here we are at Friday again. All the more reason to take that pause and reflect back on the goodness of God in our lives and the blessings both big and small that come into our days. Sometimes the posts come easily and sometimes not so much but in developing a habit of looking for our blessings it makes our lives fuller. We are choosing to be grateful. Please join us! If you are new or haven't read the guidelines please go here first.
Some housekeeping notes: A reminder that the Mr. Linky is for those participating in the community of and posting a Friday's Fave Five post only please. If you are not doing a Fave Five post, please don't add yourself to the Mr. Linky. The purpose of the linky is to direct those who have an interest to go and read other posts about Fave Fives. The links that do not lead to FFF posts will be removed. I am not trying to offend or be mean. We all have limited blogging time and if people are clicking on the link they are looking for the Fave Fives post to give and receive encouragement in looking for blessings. Let's please honor that. Thank you for keeping the integrity of the Friday's Fave Five meme as it was intended.
And now on with being grateful for the blessings of the week.
1. Available vet surgery time. Our much loved dog had a small lump on his side all of a sudden take a big growth. The vet we went to was awesome. Very patient with both dog and distressed dog owners. She explained what she thought and options we could consider. Armed with that we went home to discuss whether or not the VERY expensive surgery was the route to go. But after a few days Todd started to really lick and naw at the spot to the point he was taking the fur off and breaking the skin and we knew we didn't really have a choice. When we called the vet, there was a surgery time available the very next morning. Todd is now recuperating fine, lump removed. Though I must say he does kind of look funny with no fur on a big chunk of his side. We're very thankful for a vet who was honest and caring.
2. My regular hair stylist is baaack! Oh how I have missed her while she was on maternity leave. Don't get me wrong the girl who took me on was wonderful and she did her very best. I can't imagine how stressful taking on someone's long term client is. But I am glad mine is back and I've had a haircut this week from her and feel back to my old self.
3. Treated to Cirque du Soliel "Corteo". My daughter,Tamara, received a pair of tickets as payment for some dog sitting she will be doing in the future and knowing I love Cirque, took me! I was so excited and it did not disappoint. It was a wonderful show. I swear I was holding my breath for half the show. Thanks Tamara for thinking of your Mama!
4. Hubby's fave restaurant meal created at home. Our last trip to the big city farmer's market, I was able to lay my hands on some Mizithra cheese. Sometimes it's really hard to come by, I can't find it in my city. It is the key ingredient in Hubby's favorite pasta dish at The Old Spaghetti Factory. It's definitely a dish that is not something to make all the time as it is rich with browned butter but it sure is wonderful as an occasional treat. I was able to recreate his favorite and make him happy which in turn made me happy. And I like the dish too so it was win win.
5. One wall of cupboards cleaned out. A big cleaning project getting a good dent made in it always makes me happy.
What have your favorite blessings been this week?