Friday, November 09, 2018
Friday's Fave Five #507
Friday is finally here. It's time to take a pause and look back over the week and find blessings to be grateful for. What kind of week have you had? Has it been good...super busy...really tough? No matter the circumstances of how your week unfolded, we are trying to develop the habit of intentionally taking note of the good things in our lives even if all we can find for the week is that we made it through and it's a fresh start next week.
please go here and then join in.
1. Big News! Saturday morning I found out that I have been accepted to be on a Operation Christmas Child Shoebox distribution to Costa Rica in April. To say I am beyond excited is an understatement. This has been a dream for many, many years. One that I was wondering if would ever happen. It's a bit scary, definitely a step of faith, but I can't wait!
2. Running into former church friends. Last week through my husband's job, he ran into some people we used to know from many years ago. They are without a home church at the moment and it just happened to be "Bring Your One" weekend at ours so he invited them. After a great service, we went to mall food court, their choice, and had a nice lunch and visit. So nice to reconnect.
3. Answer to prayer. As you know, our doggy had surgery last week to have a lump that had all of a sudden grown. Well this week we got wonderful news, a real answer to prayer and that is that it was not cancer. What a relief. He is back to his old self again. Praise God. And through it all I think we've found us a great vet.
4. Feather Duvet out! Well the evenings are finally turning cold enough that I pulled out the feather duvet. It was so nice to get it on the bed instead of the layered blankets that end up happening in that transitional weather. It is so comfortable, light and yet warm. I always look forward to it each fall.
5. Massage. This week has been a rough one at work. Some behavior issues amongst the kids have made for some super stressful days. Add into that a weather change and I had a couple days with headaches and tense neck and shoulders. On one of these I just happened to have my massage and boy it sure was nice to get all those kinks worked out.
What have been your favorite five blessings from your week? If you are doing a Friday's Fave Five post please feel free to add it to the linky.