Friday, September 07, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #498


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  It's Friday so that means time to look back over the week and find those blessings.  They may be big, they may be smaller and really not mean a whole lot to anybody else than you, but the point is that we are intentionally taking the time to pause and take note and be grateful for them all.  Please join in.  Newcomers please take a short moment and click over from the sidebar and read the guidelines, then just join right in.


~beautiful weather~  all this week our weather has been absolutely gorgeous.  So nice to have the warm days and now cooler nights.

~bike rides~  that gorgeous weather allowed us to take advantage and go for a nice bike ride on the long weekend.  Getting out there and getting some exercise in the sunshine on our bikes is one of my favorite ways to de-stress and enjoy some time with my hubby.

~greek salad~  with the bounty of tomatoes from my plants and other home grown veggies given to us we've been enjoying lots of Greek salads in the last little while.  So delicious with the home grown veggies.  So much more flavor to the salad.  We've even added lemon arugula to it, which probably is so not a Greek thing, but it was still really good.

~free play structure~ I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I'm thinking of it now because I have been watching the dayhome kids enjoying it so much this week, but when we were leaving for holidays in July, there on the front boulevard a block away from us, someone had put out a Little Tikes climber with a big free sign.  Hubby noticed it and we pulled over right away.  We stuffed what we could into the vehicle and hubby lugged the rest of it home by foot.  He the man!  LOL.  Anyway, that thing has been very much enjoyed.  They are worth about $300 so it has been a huge blessing!

~closet organization with new hangers~ I got a great deal on a box of 50 velvet covered hangars so I finally got my closet organized with some nice matching hangars.  Bonus is my sweaters and shirts don't fall off of these hangars and because they are slim it's really made some breathing room between the clothes.  I don't have plastic hangars falling and all askew anymore and now it all looks matchy-matchy.  LOL.  One more step in declutter and organizing done.

What have been your favorite blessings this week?






9 comments:

Faith said...

Oh what a great find formyour daycare!!! Those things are pricey!!

Yay for new hangers.....i would love to get more of the velvet ones...we have a few....

Our weather of high heat and high humidity dropped overnight and today is supposed to be dry, sunny and low humidity with a high of 80!! Yay!! Just in time for the weekend!

The biking sounds great. I have plans to do more of that this fall. I like to go early Sat or Sun mornings before church.

Have a great weekend!

Barbara H. said...

Yay for nice weather! Glad you got to enjoy it and go bike riding with hubby. The salad sounds great, and home-grown tastes so much better. Wow, what a great find for the dayhome! I love the thought of your husband caring so much for you and your work that he brought part of it home on foot. I have not seen velvet hangers - I will have to investigate! I do have some items that don't like to stay on hangers.

Melanie said...

My closet seems to be in a constant state of rearranging and fixing! Love Greek salads and fell in love with feta cheese. A salad just doesn't seem like a salad now unless the feta is in there.

Dianna said...

Yay for free play structure! Free is good! And when you are able to watch the kids playing on it doesn't it make you happy to watch?

Your salads sound wonderful! A great way to use those summer veggies.

I am trying to change over from the plastic hangers to something more slim-line, too. I've not seen the velvet covered ones. I need to make another trip to Bed Bath and Beyond for something else so think I'll check out their selection of hangers while I am there. Our closet can use all of the breathing room I can give it! :)

susan said...

Your salad "addiction" sounds great. I don't know what a Greek salad is but if it have vegetables , say no more. Lemon arugula sounds like a great addition.

Hurray that you and hubby were able to go for a bike ride, When the weather cooperates (as your weather did), exercising outside is such a blessing. And fun, too.

Wow, your hubby is the man! Those play structures are LOVED by kiddos. Finding that for free was certainly a gift from God.

Decluttering/organizing is always on my to=do list, but I haven't done much lately. I can just visualize how lovely your closet looks. It must feel so much calmer, too.

Hope your week is refreshing.

Wendy said...

Oh I love being organised so those hangers sound like a great improvement. Must have given you a lovely sense of satisfaction when you'd finished. Bike rides and good weather all sounds like a good week and kids having fun for free, great!

Gattina said...

We have eaten pasta salad, rice salad, taboulet, greek salad, etc etc now that it is a little cooler it's finished with the salads !
I have to laugh about myself when I read the word bicycle, I have an overdose of bikes each time I return from Amsterdam, I bed you have never seen so many and they are absolutely the kings and run everybody over !!

Willow said...

Ooo! Matchy-matchy hangers! I love getting organized (and I love helping others do that).
Hurray for lovely weather. After the heat and humidity of my girls' places, I am enjoying our cooler weather. Your fave about bike riding is making me want to pull out my bike and go for a ride.
What a great find that play structure was! Good for you on scoring that!

ellen b. said...

Great variety of good things to be thankful for, Susanne. Free, yippee!