Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #495


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  It's a very smokey Friday here in Southern Alberta.  We are getting a whole lotta smoke from all the forest fires burning in British Columbia.  But there is still good things going on in the week.  Here are five of my favorites.  Please join me in intentionally looking for the blessings of the week.

~ac~ Southern Alberta was in a heat wave last week and hit records all over the southern portion of the province.  Our city was no exception hitting a new record at 40.5*C (104.9*F) one day, so very thankful for air conditioning as that is way too hot for this gal.

~chocolate raspberry jam~ picked up at our favorite fruit stand in the Okanagan.  The lady makes all sorts of canned goods herself and sells it along with her fresh fruits and vegetables.  Where does she find the time????  I also grabbed a couple of jars of her spicy asparagus which I love.  Yum.

~anniversary watch gifts~ While on holidays, Hubby's watch broke so we went to a shop in the mall thinking they could repair it while we were there.  but while there we saw a couple of watches we each fell in love with so we decided that would be our 35th Anniversary present to each other.  Just love mine.  The watch is totally me.  How often am I going to find a watch that happens to have my two favorite birds on it, a chickadee and a blue t*t (a horrible name for such a cute bird!!!)?  The blue one being the bird on my blog header.  With gorgeous flowers?  And in my favorite colors?




~dinner with other women study leaders~ On Monday I had dinner with 3 other ladies from church who are study leaders.  3 of us have a woman's study and the fourth leads a study with her hubby.  It was so nice to get to know each other better and receive encouragement and ideas.

~workout and window shopping~ Saturday my good friend and I worked out together in the morning and then I tagged along while she went shopping for some items at Marshalls.  It was fun browsing and sharing the morning together.

What were your favorite blessings from the past week?







8 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my goodness that watch is beautiful. So much prettier than all the Iphone type watches.

Faith said...

LOVE your watch!! I have two that i never wear anymore niwmthat i wear a Fitbit. But i love decorative watches!! And blue jays are my 2nd fave bird!!

Yay for getting together with other women leaders, and work out times with friends and how thankful i am too for AC. Here in eastern NY we have had very high temps and high humidity!! AC is vital just to breathe!! Hopefully the storm coming through tonight will break the humidity and we will be back to normal which for us is low 80s this time of year.

Happy weekend!,

Lynette said...

I love the watch.
There is nothing like homemade jams and canned goodies.

susan said...

How fun and encouraging to meet up with other small group leaders. Do you have any ideas to share? I am always on the hunt especially since I'll be leading a class for small group leaders.

Happy anniversary!!! You two rock!
LOVE your new watch. It is the perfect one for you. When my son was about 6 he was in the backyard and came running in, yelling, "MOM! I found a pair if Great T*Ts!!!" Not knowing much about birds,I hadn't realized what he was talking about at first.

Have a refreshing week.

Wendy said...

What a lovely present. Glad you had a good weekend.

Barbara H. said...

Wow - 104 is hot! I don't think we've gotten up that high since we've been here, but I am so glad for AC, too.

That watch is gorgeous! Just my style and colors, too! :-)

I am glad the study leaders could get together and encourage each other and share ideas.

I don't think I am going to make it for FFF this week - I've been card-making and present-shopping and wrapping for a church baby shower and my son's birthday, and cleaning house before my son comes in from out of town. And buying tons of groceries - since he is here we'll have a lot more family get-togethers this week. I just sat down to rest for a few minutes before staring dinner, so if I get inspired in the next few minutes I might put up a quick one, but otherwise I'll catch up next week.

Willow said...

Oh wow! That's HOT! Do you have ac?
I love your anniversary watch! That was a great idea to commemorate your 35 years.
Friendships are a true blessing, aren't they?

ellen b. said...

Such a sweet watch. Fun unexpected anniversary finds! Glad you have A/C. We have that at the top of our list for our new home.