Happy Friday everyone and welcome to this week's edition of Friday's Fave Five. This week has been all over the place and I can't believe it's already Friday. I'm so glad I have this day to share with you all and help center me into living a more grateful life by making me intentionally pause and be aware of blessings in my life, otherwise I think I'd just be racing through and missing so much of the little daily gifts of God. Please join us if you haven't already. Guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
1. Mother's Day. This day is sometimes so hard to talk about. I know there are so many who are hurting on this day for various reasons and my heart thinks about and prays for them each year. But it is also a day that I do enjoy celebrating my Mom and I enjoy whatever the kids and hubby do for me. We had our traditional KFC meal with some yummy side salads from another store. I don't even know how all that got started but probably because neither my hubby or I like to stand in line at restaurants and be herded through their very busy day and that is my hubby's way of "cooking". But I like it. And I love a tradition so it's win/win. We had my mom over and watched a movie later. The kid's blessed me with flowers to plant outside and I got phone calls from the two who don't live here. A nice relaxing day!
2. Birthday celebration. My Dad's birthday fell on Mother's Day this year so we took him for lunch the day before to his restaurant of choice. It was a nice way to visit with him and I think he was thrilled to get to order his favorite: liver and onions. It's the little things!
3. Answered prayers. I can't go into detail but I've been lifting some needs up for someone near and dear to me and there has been good reports being texted to me. So thankful that when we are burdened with the things of life that God says to come and cast our cares and anxiety upon Him because He cares for us and that He will exalt us at the proper time. (I Peter 5: 6-7). It is exciting to see answers to prayer!
4. Funny things kids say. I love when little ones between 18 months and 2 years are learning to talk and they happen to accidentally say something that's totally appropriate but they have no idea and it comes out so funny. This has happened a couple times this week with a little guy in dayhome and it makes my day.
5. Pinterest. I can't even describe how thankful I am for this site in regards to my dayhome. It has given me so many ideas and fun things to try that I never would have thought of.
What have you found to be thankful for this week?