Well the best of intentions sometimes just doesn't translate into the action that produces the product and unfortunately that is exactly what happened with my FFF last week. I never did get back on the computer to get to it. Oh well, today's another FFF so let's get to it!
1. Of course even though she has gone home and the week is past I must mention that my oldest child's visit tops my list. I just don't get to see that girl enough. But even though she is going to Europe for 2 weeks next month, she still took a week to come home and spend time with us. It was a lovely week spent together. A shopping trip to Calgary, time spent in a book store together trying to choose just one book (Yeah, that didn't happen!), dinners together and just spending time being together as a family is a blessing I never take for granted.
2. A haul of spices to bring flavorful meals to my family. Of course on our trip to Calgary a stop at the Farmer's Market is imperative and I went prepared with list in hand to the little spice booth that I love. The grocery store variety does not compare! I came home with a great haul and have already used several of spices in my cooking. So many yummy meals to make! I better be careful or I'm going to end up being a spice collector.
3. High Quality Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. My daughter is a fan of doing the mixing of the two and dipping bread into them. I've tried it once before and didn't care much for it, but at the Farmer's Market there is Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Bar. It is always busy but I've never thought to check it out. But because our daughter was with us this time, we sorta followed her in there. Okay, now I'm totally hooked! The number of flavors of high quaility olive oil and balsamic vinegars was astonishing. And you were able to taste however many you wanted. I always wondered how on earth anyone could put balsamic vinegar on ice cream and now I totally get it. They were delicious. And the great thing about it, other than the tasting of course, was that they sold little $5 bottles so seeing we only get there a couple of times a year, I came home with a few choices. I finally tore myself away after choosing Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil, Herbes de Provence infused olive oil, Mandarin Infused Olive Oil, Blackberry Ginger balsamic vinegar, Black Cherry balsamic vinegar, Alfoos Mango balsamic vinegar, and Espresso balsamic vinegar. I also came away with a ton of ideas on how to use them in cooking other than bread dipping from the chef that worked at the booth. And yes, I am totally going to try the Espresso vinegar on ice cream as soon as I buy some.
4. Celebrating my mom's birthday with her family around her. My mom is now in her '80's and so every year is worth celebrating with her. This year was special because K, our oldest and her first grandchild, was here for her birthday for the first time since she moved a province away. They really have a special bond and it was wonderful that they were together for this birthday. The whole family took her for Chinese food, one of her favorites and we had a really nice time together. I know it blessed her having her family all together surrounding her.
5. A new Thai Fusion restaurant in town. Every once in a while we like a good feed of sushi and asian foods and this new restaurant has all you can eat lunch and dinner menus with a great variety of foods even if you're not a sushi fan. And the food is quite delicious. Hubby had bought me home a salmon bento box one day and I couldn't believe the amount of food. A new restaurant to add to our date night favorites.
What have been your favourite blessings this week?