Good Morning everyone! It's Friday so that means it's already time to look back over another week and find those good things that were in our lives this week. The week has gone by crazy fast for me. The FFF from last week was my last post! Yikes. I just don't know where the week went. Perfect time to take a breath and think about those good things so that I take note of them.
1. Friends who help out. Hubby and I needed help with some official type of papers that we weren't sure we were reading right. Long story short: our friends son, whom we know well, stepped right up and offered his help. It was a generous and thoughtful thing to do and we very muchly appreciate it.
2. 1st BBQ of the season! We love to bbq. At least that's what it's called here but more accurately it's probably grilling. Whatever the case, we love bbq food. Sunday was the first grill of the season and burgers made the menu. Yum. It just screams warm weather and tasted so good. Along with a salad it made the perfect Sunday after church lunch.
3. Sour cream lemon pie. My mom brought this pie over for dessert after the aforementioned lunch on Sunday. Yummmmy. Such a nice smooth flavor. It's now one of my favorite pies.
4. Great reading. I'm in the second book of a series I'm really enjoying. It's been hard to put it down and may or may not have contributed to no posts on the blog this week. But I'll never tell. I love when I hit upon a series that really hooks me and I just want to read them all in a row. I've heard there is a 3rd in the series but unfortunately I don't think it's in stores yet. Bummer. I'll do reviews on the 2 as soon as I finish it. They are the 2 books by Michael Landon, Jr. (yes, the Michael Landon's son) and Cindy Kelley listed in my sidebar "In the Book Bag"
5. Go Flames Go! I usually don't watch too many hockey games on tv but come play off time it's always fun to jump on the bandwagon and get behind a team. Calgary hasn't had a playoff run in a while so the fever has really hit Calgary and has spread it's way down into Southern Alberta. Flames car flags, jerseys and posters are everywhere. It's fun to watch the games and see the total "sea of red" dominating the Saddledome on tv. There was a funny moment in the game the other day that actually made news and set twitter ablaze and that was the guy in the yellow shirt who stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the red. So much so that another fan gave him a red jersey and the mascot literally pulled that yellow shirt over his head so he could put on the red. Turns out it was a father and son from Edmonton who drove down for the game. Their family always wore yellow when going to big public events so they could easily find each other. Oops, faux pax much? LOL.
(photo courtesy of CBCnews Calgary)
Funny how all the players seem to be looking at the guy in yellow in this pic
What were your favorite blessings from your week?