Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Our weekly place to gather and share what has been blessings in our lives over the past week. Being purposeful in looking for the good things in our lives is an exercise that gives us a grateful attitude. And a grateful attitude is what can help pull us through when things are going rough. Please join us.
1. The gym. I'm really grateful for the gym this week. It's been a super stressful week at work and the gym has allowed me to really work off some of that stress. By going and focusing on working my muscles as hard as I can for 1/2 an hour, it has released my mind from stewing for that bit of time. And working hard has allowed me to work out some of that pent up worry and frustration.
2. A husband who encourages me to trust God when things happen with work. That is worth it's weight in gold to me. I tend to be someone who stews and rehashes the event and every possibility of the way it can go. His reminders to keep my trust in God no matter which way it goes is a great encouragement and takes my mind off myself and puts it back towards the One who is faithful and in whom I can place my trust for the outcome.
3. Cherries. The cherries are here from B.C. and they are yummy! Always look forward to this time of year when those wonderful dark red cherries make their way to my city in Southern Alberta.
4. Reading time with the dayhome kids. I love the time of day when we all pile on the couch and read stories. I keep a fresh supply of books from the library every few weeks and it's a joy to read it to the kids and see their enjoyment of hearing the stories and looking at the picture. Passing on a love of reading to children is a joy to me.
5. First day of summer was truly a lovely summery day. I started it off enjoying a coffee and my book on the deck under blue skies and sunshine dotted with a few clouds. The perfect start to summer.
What were your favorite moments, memories or things from the past week?