1. Coffee break with my beloved. What's nicer than having a coffee break with my hubby on a busy Saturday afternoon? It was nice just to come to a stop and enjoy a Starbucks and a heart shaped cookie together in the midst of our running around.
2. A nice wrap up to the Olympics. I love watching the Olympics and though I'm all about cheering loud and strong for the Canadians, I love watching all the competitors and see them reach their goals, whether that is making it to the medal podium or not. I love when I see good sportsmanship displayed no matter what country colors are represented. My favorite moment from the closing ceremonies was watching dancers recreate the now infamous Olympic ring malfunction from the opening ceremonies.
3. Watching a fun movie with a couple of friends. Monday night for whatever reasons only 3 of us made our ladies bible study. Lots of colds going around here. Anyway, the 3 of us who did make it made it a fun movie night instead. It was a nice change of pace and it was fun to just relax and watch a favorite movie, Cool Runnings, with a couple friends, one of whom who had never seen it. It was also fun to see all the familiar landmarks and scenes from Calgary, Alberta where the the movie was filmed.
4. Voltaren. This week I have had major shoulder and neck and upper back tightness. Being a topical anti inflammatory, Voltaren helped to ease the aching a bit so that I could at least get to sleep and function in the day. I'm thankful there is over the counter products that do help when I'm experiencing this kind of stuff.
5. It's Friday. I'm just plain thankful it is Friday and I'm looking forward to a relaxed weekend.
What have been your favorites from the week?