Holey Toledo, it's Friday already. Now seriously, who fast forwarded that week. I didn't post once. Ah, life. But if nothing else I want to look for my favorite blessings from the week. I'll not lie. It has been another toughie! On top of everything else going on I've gone and injured my knee, the ligament that runs on the inside of my knee actually, so it's been a very painful, frustrating couple of weeks. And I got handed the news from the doc I can forget about the gym for 6 weeks. 6 weeks! That is so frustrating, just when I was making progress. Arrrgh. But there is good things in the midst of it. Things that lift me up and help me keep chugging along. Please join me and look for those things that have made your world a little better and a little more joyful. The guidelines link is in the sidebar if you've never done one before.
1. Fun times with a little fella. One of my dayhome kidlets and I have just been having a great time lately. Once in awhile because of scheduling I get a few hours with him on my own. This gives us a chance to do crafts, baking or games, just me and him. It's really allowed his fun loving personality to come out and he's given me lots of laughter and smiles. Laughter is really the best medicine and it's helped me forget the stupid knee pain for small chunks of time. Love that little duffer.
2. A helpful hubby who volunteered to do a Costco run for me. The thought of hitting that huge store was pretty daunting with my knee and I knew I was going to pay for it during and after. I was so grateful that without even me hinting for it, he offered to go. Now grocery shopping is not his forte, so I was doubly grateful for his offer.
3. Lots of reading time. Because I haven't been going anywhere, I've had lots of evening reading time. It's been difficult to blog, I somehow tend to close up, to go inward, when life gets overwhelming and I'm not able to formulate the sentences I want, but oh, can I escape into a great story! So reading I have done!
4. Tea in the evening. I've really been enjoying this tea the past few weeks. Spicy tasting and delicious smelling, it's like a herbal version of a chai tea. Love it.
My other tea of choice has been one I got for Christmas which is Coconut Vanilla loose tea from a local shop. Oh. my. goodness. It is wonderful.
5. Sleeping through the night. In spite of painful days, when I get to bed and off my knee I do sleep without pain and through the night. For this I am very, very grateful.
Well, I for one am thankful it's the weekend. I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing and keeping this knee up. Hope you all have a great restful weekend too. What were your blessings from the past week?