Friday, January 18, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #226
It's been a really tough week here for me at Living to Tell. People I know are going through some really hard things. Marriages struggling, families hurting, people with major health issues, jobs lost. My heart just breaks for all of them. Emotions have gone through the wringer, lots of prayers have gone to the Lord for them. It's so difficult watching others whether family, friends, church members or acquaintances have such hard struggles. But just when it all seems to pile too high along comes Friday and a chance to look for the blessings. Please join me in searching for the blessings in life whether it was a good week and they are easy to find or a really difficult week and you have to dig and maybe can only come up with one.
1. Brown paper packages wrapped up with ... tape? No string. But Faith from Gold in the Clouds sent me a lovely little package wrapped in brown paper and it arrived in the mail this week. I had won a sampler of her special Fudge and she added a few little extra goodies in it. So thoughtful. And it came at a perfect time when a pick me up was needed. Thanks, Faith!
2. A Christmas movie or two. In January. Yes. January. Two movies I had put on hold at the library finally came in. Of course after Christmas when everyone else is done with them. Oh well, they were still enjoyable and provided for a couple evenings worth of escape with heartwarming stories.
3. Fresh air. A few days this week it has been nice enough to crack a couple windows open for a little bit and get some fresh air into the house. Gotta love a burst of fresh air.
4. Clean bedding straight out of the dryer. Love the smell and the feeling of just washed bedding.
5. Wonderful smelling body washes. Whether it's a bright, eye opening scent in the morning or a soothing warm smell at night I love that there is such a plethora a different scented body washes out there. Some for every mood.
What were your favorite blessings from the week? Were they big and obvious or small and almost unnoticeable if you weren't specifically looking? Whichever they were they are there to lift our spirits and show that God loves us. I hope you took a moment to find them, whether you share them with us or not.
Have a great weekend everyone!