Welcome everyone to Friday's Fave Five. Are you ready to look for blessings from your past week? Let's just jump right in and get to them. Please join us. Guidelines are here if you've never read them.
1. A day trip to the big city with just hubby. It was nice to get away just the two of us. Can't remember the last time that happened.
2. Accomplishing goal one: finding lighting for the kitchen work area. The big old cloud light we had broke when we went to remove it for the kitchen install (note lady jumping up and down in glee, note the hubby wiping away a tear). After finding nothing we agreed on here, we went to the biggest lighting store in Calgary. 44,000 square feet of lights upon lights. The first thing we saw from even outside the door, was this amazing huge chandelier. On sale for, hang onto your hats, $40,000. Yikes. You'd have to build a house around that baby. Good thing we weren't in the market for a chandelier. But we found what we think will work for us and we agreed on it. Yipee.
3. Accomplishing goal two: this one was pure fun. We have a show on the Food Network here in Canada called You Gotta Eat Here, a Canuck version of Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. In the past season they've done quite a few Alberta places, so I've been writing them down. We decided to try Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus. Hubby ordered Thai and I ordered Mediterranean. And then we split them and shared. Then hubby thought he'd order the waiter's favorite, bacon and pineapple, with the thought to bring some home. Yum, yum, yum. All were absolutely delicious. The service was excellent and friendly. And you know what? You Gotta Eat Here!
4. The beautiful fall weather we've been having. Including the day we took the day trip. In fact, that day turned out to be 28*C. That's 82.4 F. Crazy. I've made sure everyday we get outside though not till around 10:30 because the morning are darn cold! But the sun has been wonderful and our leaves have just started to turn and fall.
5. Fall candles. What was a trip to the big city without stopping at the mall and hitting up Bath & Body Works for their fall candles? This year it was Autumn Day that I chose and it is wonderful. It's been lit every morning and evening and the house smells wonderful. It's not really a spicy scent. It's crispy, and leafy, sorta like walking in a park and just a most pleasant smell.
What are your favorite things from the week. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes. Can you find yours and share them? Feel free to link if you have done an FFF post.