Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day '12

Along with the craziness and business of high school graduation, we managed to get in a totally great Mother's Day.  My request this year was for a picnic at the river bottom.  (That's what we call the park that is by the river.  I think the "bottom" comes from having to drive down into the valley floor.  The river runs at the bottom of coulees that rise up on both sides of it.)  Anyway, a good 'ole hot dog roast with homemade macaroni salad and marshmallows to toast was my desire.  And my wonderful family pulled through beautifully.  It was a gorgeous day, we took my mom and met up with my sis and her family.  And it was perfection.  We even managed to find a speck of shade to all share and have a fire without burning the place down.


We relaxed




We ate till we were stuffed


The only thing missing was Older Girl.  That would have been the icing on the cake.



Photobucket

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

Glad you had time to relax and enjoy Mother's Day!

Mom24 said...

It does sound lovely. I know exactly what you mean about missing your girl, mine was absent here too.

Hope you've had a moment to catch your breath after such a busy time.

Faith said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a relaxing time on Mother's Day!! can you please email me the photo editing site you had recommended a while back? my daughter had me try fotoflexr but it is CUMBERSOME!! i miss picnik!!!