Friday, December 30, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #171
Well good morning guys! So sorry, I have no excuse other than I just plain got mixed up on what day it actually was. That's what happens when I take a week off and there's a holiday thrown in there. Total shut down of day recognition. But you all have to forgive me, please, 'cause today's my birthday. You are not allowed to be mad at me on my birthday! :v)
This week was filled many blessings so it's going to be hard just picking five but here goes:
1. Seeing loved ones over the holidays. It just wouldn't be a holiday without the ones I love most thrown into the mix. I loved having my immediate family together as I mentioned in the 5 last week. With K now living in another province it makes it extra special to have her home safe and sound and with us for the holidays. J is in second year EMT and will be moving at some point to get his Paramedic degree and T is in 12th grade and will also be moving at some point for schooling too so I feel the empty nest thing coming on. Seeing them all together and enjoying each other and the holiday is a blessing indeed. And seeing my sis's family, my mom, and hubby's sister over the weekend was all a blessing. I know in this day and age it is a huge thing to be able to see most of one's family over a holiday so I am very grateful for that.
2. The week off. So nice to just relax and enjoy the holidays and my kids without also having the dayhome up and running. One of the best decisions I've ever made in my business life was to take the week after Christmas off as one of my holiday weeks.
3. The day trip to the big city my hubby gave me for my birthday! It's a favorite thing to do as a family. Took in a big mall, the kid's got to spend some Christmas money, got a couple of really, really good deals myself, had a nice birthday dinner at Chili's (which we don't have in our city), then came home. A wonderful, blessed family day.
4. Laughing till I cry. I just love when an opportunity arises for a good belly laugh and there were several over this holiday.
5. Watching people open their gifts. I love sitting back and watching others open their gifts on Christmas. I love to see their faces. It's as much fun as opening my own gifts. One of the belly laughs actually came from this as my sis opened a bag that was actually a "part II" of her gift and made no sense whatsoever without the first part. It was a riot watching the play of emotions over her face. First came trying to figure out what on earth the stuff was and then what she was supposed to do with it. Then the look was why on earth would I get her that and then it was now how do I say thank you for this thing? LOL. Cracked me right up. Of course once the first part was open it made sense.
I could go on and on and on but alas, I am a "rule" follower and stress if I have to stretch the limits. LOL. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and am looking forward to the new year and all the new blessings we share with each other each week!