Friday, September 02, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #155
Hi everyone! It's Friday. It's Five Fave time. Join in as we look back over the week and find blessings, obvious or hidden, and share our 5 favorites.
1. First corn of the season. Peaches and Cream. Tender. Flavorful. Dripping butter and salt. Been waiting all summer for that perfect bite.
2. Bacon and watermelon. I know. Your going "What??? She's really gone and fallen off her rocker now." But seriously, it's delicious. I discovered it accidentally snitching food off the counter as I cooked. My grandma used to eat watermelon with bread. But I never could get that. I wonder what she'd think of watermelon with bacon. It's really true, everything's better with bacon. Even watermelon, apparently.
3. Wings to go. There's a new takeout restaurant in town and they are all about wings. They have about 15 flavors of wet wings and 5 dry flavors. They are sooo good. I tried the Sweet Chili Heat and hubby, who likes things plain, just had, you guessed it, the plain ones. Next up to try will be the dill pickle. Yummy.
4. Tomatoes. Fresh from the fields. When we were in the Okanagon Valley we bought a case of tomatoes and we've been enjoying them daily. There are so full of flavor compared to store bought. I might take the last half dozen or so and make homemade spaghetti sauce as per my youngest's request.
I just realized this whole post has been about food. LOL. I guess it's been a week of good eats around here so I will continue the theme with:
5. Plumots. Aka pluots. Never heard of them before? Neither had I but boy I'm glad I bought them. They were so juicy and sweet. They had a very different spotted exterior and ruby red interior. Never seen anything like it. I found a good picture and write up on them here. Designer fruit? Who knew it could be so good.
What were your favorites this week? Big or small does not matter. Obvious or you had to really search for them? Whichever way it is a good exercise to look for good things in our week. If you've done a post please link on up so we can come and visit and enjoy your blessings with you.
Have a great weekend everyone!