Hi everybody. It's been a very grey, very rainy week here in my part of Canada. I needed some color and perking up so a new banner with cheery colors fit the bill. Feel free to use it if you like it. Now it's time to look back over our weeks and find those things in our lives that were a blessing to us, big or small.
1. A short week. With it being rainy and cold all week I'm really glad this was a short week with the dayhome kids. A week without getting out and running around in the fresh air makes for a very antsy group that tends to start misbehaving just from being cooped up. Monday was Victoria Day here in Canada so that meant dayhome was closed leaving only four days to plan and try to amuse up to 6 pre-schoolers. Hopefully next week we'll be back to getting outside everyday.
2. Extra reading and lazing around time. One a good note, the rain on the long weekend saw all my yard work being put on hold. Which meant I could just be plain lazy and sit with a good book and my coffee and read to my heart's content. I enjoyed every. minute. of. it! I'm down to my last book of the Spring into Reading challenge and it's a big one, 493 pages (it's the big fat Fannie Flag book on the bottom left of the picture) so it's good I have the extra time now to get it read before the first day of summer when the challenge is done.
3. Bedding out plants purchased on the holiday Monday and for the most part paid for with Canadian Tire money. I know I've mentioned my love of the CT money before, but for those who don't know, CT money is "store money" you get when you purchase anything including gas at Canadian Tire stores. It adds up pretty quickly and each year my hubby is gracious enough to share his dollars with me so that I can get flowers. So this year I'd say about half or more of my bedding out plants and a big bag of potting soil were free. I love free! Free is good!
4. More purging of stuff. Not sure why this keeps making my list this spring but I seriously am getting giddy with getting rid of stuff. I've gotten tough with myself and this week my beloved book shelf got hit up. And believe it or not , I purged about 10 books out of there. If you know me at all, you know my letting go of books is a miracle. LOL. Now there is some nice space on the shelves and the books actually get to lean a bit instead of being jam packed in there. Looks and feels good. Next up was the linens for the spare bedroom. With this post encouraging me on, I got rid of two sets of bedding I really don't need or use. Now I can actually easily close the dresser drawers instead of fighting with them.
5. Movie night out with Hubby and Younger Daughter. We so rarely go, I always really enjoy when we do go to a movie at a theater. It was the discount theater but it was still fun to see the movie on the big screen. We went to "Soul Surfer" and all of us really enjoyed it. Hubby is not a sports oriented movie type of person but he loved the story in this one. And no one makes popcorn like the theater.
What were your favorite things from your week? Were you able to find how God was bringing you blessings by purposefully looking for them? If you've done a post please link up and join us!