Friday, February 18, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #127
Hi everyone! Welcome! You may be wondering why there is still a frozen, cold, wintery picture up for FFF. Well, it's because in my world it's still frozen, cold and wintery. I had such high hopes last week when it was so windy because of the warm winds that melt the snow, but it is still just February and I do live in Alberta so wintery scene it is. But I'm not complaining. I do love all my seasons.
My list will be up a touch later this morning due to events last night that made it impossible for me to put my list together. (Events such as falling asleep on the couch and not waking up until midnight.) But Mr. Linky is up so go ahead and sign in if you were much more with it than me and completed your post and I'll join you in a bit.
Okay, here we go. Sheesh, I don't know what's with me this week but I've been zonking out really early.
1. Walks with the puppy. Even though we've had weather ranging from really mild to down right freezing, I've been forcing myself to take Todd out each evening for a walk even if it's only around a couple of blocks. He has so much energy he needs to burn some of it off or the little mischievous bundle ends up in trouble. LOL. So off we go and it's been good for me too. Fresh air and getting myself moving other than inside the house feels so good. I can hardly wait until we can go longer distances when the weather is nice.
2. Bernard Callebaut heart filled chocolates. My absolute favorite chocolates were a Valentine's gift for me from my Valentine. My hubby was very sweet to get me my favorite sweets.
3. Powerful worship in church this week. I love when it all comes together and there is a really powerful worship service in church. I come away feeling like I've really been in the Lord's presence and feel uplifted and encouraged and ready to face the week. And I know the worship is not about me but there really is something about about giving God glory and honor for who He is. It changes our hearts.
4. Ravioli and Gourmet Butternut Squash pasta sauce. I saw this sauce at Costco and knew I just had to try it with the Kirkland Brand 4 Cheese Ravioli we like. Oh my word, it is good stuff. It says on the jar it's good in lasagna too, so I'm going to give that a try one of these days. It ought to be really different from the normal lasagna. The dog gave two paws up on it too.
5. Snail Mail. And I'm not talking about bills. Faith sent me a lovely card in the mail and it was so nice to recieve that instead of the usual plethora of bills and requests for money from various places. And there is something about recieving a tangible thing like a card you can hold from a bloggy friend that makes the friendship more "real" and not just a cyberworld thing , if you know what I mean. Thanks Faith.
Thanks guys for being gracious about the host slipping into their own party late. LOL. Have a wonderful weekend. It's a long weekend here in Alberta so I'm really looking forward to some family time.