1. Indian summer arrived in all it's glory this week. The days have been very warm and mild, the evenings cool and the fall colors are starting to break out. It's the perfect fall right now.
2. Pulling out the fall decorations. I love the colors of fall so decorating in the fall is always fun for me. And I always look forward to the scents of the candles and pot pourri's. Burning right now is "Pumpkin Bread".
3. Putting together the Thanksgiving menu. Thanksgiving already you ask? Well, yes. Yes it is this weekend as a matter of fact. Up here in Canada we celebrate the second weekend of October. I really enjoy cooking the Thanksgiving meal more than any of the other holidays. Part of the fun for me is deciding other than the turkey and stuffing what I will make. Should I go with the familiar favorites or go for totally different from the traditional. This year joining the turkey and stuffing will be whipped potatoes and gravy of course, ham (supplied by hubby's mom), melt in your mouth buns (my mom) Maple Walnut yams ( a big hit last year and this year I'll be using that luscious organic REAL maple syrup!), green and yellow beans with carrots, Ambrosia salad (my sis's contribution), pies (my sis in law's addition), and Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars.
4. Great tasting water. Water straight from the tap. Yuck. But from our alkaline machine? So good and really thirst quenching. We take good tasting, clean water for such granted in this country. But it is truly a blessing!
5. Cleaning out the extra bedroom because that means my oldest girl is coming home for Thanksgiving. Yipee today is the day she arrives.
So what are your favorites from the week? Please join on in and link up if you did a post. Don't forget to try and visit around a bit. Happy weekend everyone. I'll have a bite of turkey and stuffing for ya!