1. A dayhome parent who thinks of me in her day and brought me a surprise when she picked up her little girl. I cannot tell you how it makes my heart melt to know the parent appreciates me in their children's lives. That is one of the things that makes my job oh, so, worthwhile, and why I'm still doing it after 20 years.
2. The chocolate covered cream puff this parent brought me when she picked up her little one. From a dutch bakery. Need I say more? Sorry no picture. It was just
inhaled eaten right away, as soon as I waved goodbye. It was the best chocolate covered cream puff I've ever had.
3. First Press Maple Syrup. Oh. my. word. This stuff comes from a family farm and is hand bottled right out of the first evaporator, is organic and even has the year on the label. And it is sooooooooo good. I had to resist pouring into a small cup and just drinking it. LOL. But then I had the wild idea of pouring it over softened vanilla ice cream and adding chopped walnuts. I am rendered speechless. Which you know is a small miracle.
4. Almost immediate help on the Blogger Help page forum. A little invitation to try the editing in Blogger came up and I pushed the try it button. No acceptance button came up and the next thing I knew the whole posting page was different. Ugh. I did not like it at all. But no button to take you back. As is usual when it comes to blogging mistakes my first reaction was to panic for about an hour until it occured to me to go to the Blogger Helps page and find a "contact us" button. But that button just took me to a "post a question" type of page. More panic for a few minutes. So I posted the question and within the hour some one replied with an answer and it worked. Yipee!
If this happens to you, let me know, I'll email the solution to ya. 'Cause now I know, thanks to the quick reply of the person who helped me.
5. A good, tear inducing, full belly laugh with Younger Girl. If I wrote it all out something would be lost in the translation but I love it when it happens.
What are your favorites from the week? If you do a post, link on up and then enjoy a visit with the the other Fave Fiver's.