Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Join us over at Linda's for this week's Random Dozen. She's up to more questioning fun.
1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?" Well, I've never been chased down for the money, but one time I did owe the library about $48 in overdue DVD fines. It was when they first started renting DVD's and the fine for them was over $3 a day per DVD. I took out about 6 of them and then promptly forgot I had them. Yeah that was a shocker. Now it's a paltry 35 cents a day fine. I have by the way, returned all those DVD's and paid the insane fine. I didn't rent DVD's for a long time after that.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? I hate having to run out for gift wrap or bags at the last minute so I keep a stash on hand. Usually 2 of each size bag and a couple rolls of wrapping paper, one very feminine and one that could be masculine or feminine. And varied colored tissue papers.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? Nope can't say that I have. I do remember Mount St. Helen's though and exactly where I was and how the ash was covering everything, yes, here in Southern Alberta. It was something.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? Oh Lid, how do I ever narrow it down? I've loved Barry Manilow songs since I was a teen (although lately, I can't say I'm too nuts about some of his statements). But I loved singing with his very singable sing along songs. I can't name just one but I'd say my top 3 are "Mandy", "I write the Songs" and "Weekend in New England". Now I have to go plug my curling iron in so I can sing along.
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? I'm so not into dress up stuff and don't every remember really being into it. My Godmom, used to make us some pretty nice ones, old fashioned princesses, stuff like that. I remember gathering my dad's workclothes together one year and calling myself a hobo. LOL. And I had a pretty nifty, sparkly genie costume one time in a school play. My abs were a tad flatter at that time than they are at this moment.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? A little of both when I need it.
7. What's your favorite breakfast food? Bacon, baby, bacon. With eggs, with pancakes, with waffles, with toast. I don't care. As long as bacon is the main attraction! Unfortunately, I only let myself have it once in a blue moon. Usually I have yogurt with Omega 3 granola or oatmeal with brown sugar and milk.
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? Sigh. Yes. Sigh again.
9. Have you ever crawled through a window? Hasn't everybody? What I want to know is: Has anyone ever got stuck in a window they were crawling through. Now that would bring some interesting answers. LOL.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? Not sure on this one.
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own? Up until about a month ago only 2. Now all of a sudden I have 5. They must all of a sudden been breeding behind the clothes doors or something. Nothing near what I hear some people own but that's quite a few at one time for me.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") Oh Lidna, again. Creative and baking do not go in the same sentence when it comes to me. My brain just does not think that way. And I don't watch that show.