Hello again! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five! Hopefully you'll find a nice, relaxing time looking back over your week and finding five of your favorite things out of this last week. If you're not sure how to jump on board, take a look here and then just start. Thanks for all of you bringing me many smiles and a lovely way to spend a short period of time reading about all your wonderful things that make you smile!
So here we go:
1. Peonies. My mom gave me some beautiful peonies from her garden and they actually lasted alsmost a week. I love them. My mom is a wonderful gardener and her love of flowers is apparent in her garden. There are so many lovely varieties, but the peonies (and the tulips) are my absolute favorites.
2. Holidays in the middle of the week. Love the long weekends, but I'll never turn away a day off in the middle of the week. Wednesday's Canada Day dawned warm and sunny and proved to be a really nice mid week break. For the first time in a long time I didn't feel like going to the lake to watch the fireworks. But we only live about 6 blocks away and I have a great view of the higher ones through the trees. I laughed at this picture with the squiggly looking fingers it almost looks like some kind of strange flower. I couldn't believe my little camera could take pictures of fireworks from so far away.
3. A date out with hubby this week having a little supper at our favorite restaurant. Date nights are a good thing.
4. Blood pressure numbers down. A definite thing that made me happy, happy, happy. I don't know what I've done right and they still aren't where they should be but they did go down. Yipee!
5. Iced tea. I can tell summer is here because I'm craving the iced tea. Long, tall, cold glasses of iced tea. I'm going to try to make sun tea for the first time this year, I just need to find a good jar. Anyone have any good recipes.
What have your favorites been from the end of June and and first few days of July? If you do a post, please sign up on Mr. Linky so that we can come and read it. Just click the Mr. Linky icon to have the page displayed. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.