Hello and welcome. Another Friday's Fave Five is underway and I'm so glad you joined us. If you've visited but never jumped on board, why don't you make this the week you join in. We'd love for you to post your Fave Five from the week and let us come and visit you. Details are here. If you do a post on your Fave Five don't forget to sign on to Mr. Linky so that we can come visit you!
This has been a very hectic week for me. A new babe starting in dayhome always makes for a more stressful time so I'm very thankful to be able to look back and take note of some favorite things from the week.
1. Friday's Fave Five. I have to admit, this is one of my favorite things in my week. I find it relaxing and fun to visit all of you and read all your favorites. I'm also finding this is a really good discipline for me to take note of favorite things out of my day so that I can list them here.
2. Chinook winds. For those not familiar with them, they are a warm wind that comes over the mountains. Being that we were in a big deep freeze for basically the month of December and up until last week, it was very welcome. I love winter but honestly this really hit hard. We had more snow and deeply cold weather and wind chills than I can ever remember for December and those warm winds started up a couple days ago and we're looking at temps of 7*C (44*F) and sunshine and a huge melt to help get rid of all that snow.
3. Quiet times for me. LOL. Once all the dayhome kids go home there is a very small window where I can just sit and be before I have to jump up and get supper going. I enjoy just sitting with my girl or reading a few pages and catching my breath. A short time, but very rejuvenating.
4. A good book. I have been enjoying several good books lately. I love how they take me to another world and just let me drift away into a character's life. Books are like gold to me.
5. Packing books. Not away, but this week I was able to start packing my books into the new "library" my hubby bought me for my birthday. Okay they are just 3 bookshelves put together, but they were my biggest desire for years and years and I finally had the pleasure of starting to pack my precious books onto them. An absolute pleasure for me. Thank you Hubby!
Have you some favorite things from the week? Let us know and come and enjoy them with you.*UPDATE: I'm not sure what is happening with Mr. Linky, he seems to be wanting to play hide and seek today and has disappeared off this page. To access everyone's post I imagine we can just go to comments and click on your names to get to your home pages and we'll find it from there. If you've just arrived you can leave your URL in your comment. Hopefully Mr. Linky will find himself soon. I'll add the new entries as I can.