Sunday, August 05, 2007

On Blessings, Breaks and Dandelions



Heather at The Roller Coaster Ride of My Life has really honored me by passing the Creative Blogger Award to me. This is what she said:






I have never ever thought of myself as a creative person and have in fact, desired creativeness in my life. So that Heather would give me this award for being creative enough to be able to show in some small way how important leaning on God in this life is, is truly very humbling. Thank you, Heather.


I'm supposed to pass it on now, but I want to really think on it. So it will have to wait a week or so. I'm going to take a little break from blogging. Summer is almost over and my family and I hear the pool and the lake calling our name, and a picnic basket or two has our name written all over it. I want to give them my full attention and focus this week. They grow up so fast and I just am craving solid time with them.

So I will post tomorrow at Faith Lifts. Please join me there to talk about dandelions. Yes dandelions. The beautiful yellow flower. Or is it the pesky weed? We'll talk about it tomorrow. And I'll post Word for the Weekend. Because that just builds me up to do it so I don't want to miss it. And then I'll be back next week.

Now I'm off to look for that peice of torturous fabric known as the swim suit. I know it's around here somewhere.


19 comments:

Beck said...

I'll miss you, Susanne - and I'll be here when you get back. Have a refreshing break.

Much Ado said...

Enjoy your break Susanne.

Donnetta said...

Congrats! I agree with what she said!

Enjoy your break! Get a lot of refreshing and relaxing!

We'll be eager for your return!

Barb said...

Good for you, Susanne! Breaks are good. I took the weekend off and feel all refreshed. So a whole week should make a new woman out of you. LOL

I know exactly where my swimsuit is. It's hidden. Probably forever. I'd rather save myself the embarrassment and just wear cutoffs. :-)

Enjoy your break, enjoy your family and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Tammy said...

Congratulations on this award, dear Susanne!

And I understand your need for a bloggy break- especially towards the end of summertime, and even more so as you enjoy that precious time with your family.

(((HUGS)))

gail@more than a song said...

I hope you have a great week Susanne! A good break with your family is a good thing. I'm about to take a little break myself to spend time with my girls.

Eden said...

Will miss you Susanne. Have a great weekend with your family!

Susie said...

Enjoy the family and the pool! Congrats on your award because you deserve it!

Ms. Kathleen said...

That is so sweet. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

have a good blogging break
enjoy that sun and water :)

Karla Porter Archer said...

enjoy your break! Come back rested and refreshed!

Hugs!

Blessings,
Karla

Heather Smith said...

Hope you enjoy your little blogcation!

Linda said...

Have a wonderful time with your family Susanne. And congratulations on your award. I think you are definitely creative. Your scripture posts just bless my socks off!!

Anonymous said...

Your plan to spend time with your family in admirable. Hope you have a wonderful time. Be blessed friend.

Eden said...

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Much Ado said...

Enjoy your break Susanne you deserve it! Look forward to your return!

Sandra said...

Susanne, thank you for your kind words at my blog, they mean a lot to me :)

Hope you enjoy your break, we will miss you though!!!

Hugs,
♥Sandra

Shalee said...

Congrats Susanne! You're way more creative than you realize.

And enjoy your time out. Go torture that swimsuit and then your kids. It's called mother"hood" for a reason you know...

FlipFlop Mom said...

Congrats sweetie!! You deserve that!!! Summer is almost gone.. sighhhhhhhhhhh... many moms are jumping for joy as school begins.. I cry in a corner and wonder WHY are my babies growing up so fast.. and why can't I wallow in the summer for an extra month!!! Ü Enjoy!!!