Thursday, May 10, 2007

Slow Cook Thursday ~ Apple Coconut Crisp

APPLE COCONUT CRISP

4 large apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
1 Tbsp. flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp. butter or marg.
Separate butter for greasing or cooking spray

Grease the inside of the slow cooker well. Combine apples, coconut, 1 Tbsp.flour, and brown sugar in separate bowl and then add to cooker. Drizzle with the ice cream topping. In another small bowl combine oats, 1/3 cup flour and butter. Combine with fork or pastry cutter and sprinkle over the apple mixture in crock.

Cover and cook on high 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.


9 comments:

org junkie said...

Okay definitely will be trying this one. I've never attempted a dessert in my crockpot, this will be a first. Maybe this weekend.

Thanks!
Laura

Jane said...

My husband has been away for a few days with work, so i think I will try this today for him for when he comes home. Thanks Susanne!

Sandra said...

Man there goes my diet LOL

This just sounds amazing, I'm a huge coconut lover, can't wait to try it.

Thank you Susanne :)

Sandra

Carol said...

Oh my. That sounds yummy. Would it still work without the coconut, do you think?

ellen b said...

Oh my goodness...making list, going to store, pulling out crockpot, house smelling yummy, putting on a pound! Thanks Susanne!

Susanne said...

Carol: You bet it would work. I would just add an exta apple, or maybe substitute raisins. Or maybe something else you would like.

Islandsparrow said...

Oh my!! Don't you know I'm trying to lose a few pounds?

Oh well :)

Apples and coconut are fruits aren't they?

Susie said...

Sounds wonderful. I am the only one in my house who likes coconut, so I will need to save this recipe for when we have company. Thanks for sharing. I must try the new Cherrios too. Yummy!

Kate said...

Oh YUUUUMMMMMYYY!!! This is getting printed out right now!